• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need WC setup Help for my new rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Myhre

Just a few quick questions. I've been using a Swiftech WC kit, and I'm wanting to move away from the "kit" aspect of it. I'm not even sure if I want to continue using Swiftech's waterblocks. I'm running a 1/2" OD---3/8" ID setup at the moment, but that is after downsizing my pump(mcp600) and rad(Blackice xtreme 120mm) from 1/2" ID to 3/8" ID. I'm also wondering if I should get away from using the T lines and switch to a Res. Also with this setup, what is pretty much the best Waterblock out there at the moment for either 1/2ID or 3/8ID. If I change to 1/2ID I'll have to change my GPU block as well. I appreciate all suggestions/input/advice, thankyou in advance.

Myhre

I'd say you aren't going to get a whole lot better than your current setup. You could pikc up a TDX or WW and use the slide in adapters for your video card.

What is the difference between the TDX and the RBX's and what is a WW. And are those first two the best DD blocks there are? This is for a P4 btw

Actually, Swiftech makes 1/2" barb adapters that fit in the GPU block, so you won't have to move to a new block after all. My MCW50 has them, performs great, and I've never had any problems with leakage.

Okay, then I'll probably stick with the GPU swifty block, I just want to move away from Swiftech on the CPU block. I'm not a fan of their newest block, and I was somewhat disapointed with my 5002 block. Just trying to decide on Danger den(keep hearing good things) or white water(new to me) and also trying to figure out if I should Resevoir it or stick with the T-line. Anyone know what is better about the TDX and RBX DD blocks, or is the TDX just newer?

From what I've read, the Swiftech 6002 and the Danger Den TDX are the best bets in watercooling now. Both of them perform right there with the Cascade, WW, and RBX, but they both have double barb, instead of triple barb designs for easier installation. The Swifty, in particular, is a nice deal because it's actually pretty cheap, only about $40, I think.

Cool, thanks. I really like the DD TDX. And I'm thinking I'd like to convert my system to 1/2"ID. Now, does anyone have a suggestions/advice on whether or not to use a Res or a T-line. I suppose I don't mind the T-line, the main problem is mounting it somewhere. All of my 5 1/4 bays are taken, and I really don't want to slam it on the floor of the case, seeing as I'm already having to suck it up and put the pump down there, but I don't mind sticking a Res down there because I think it would help the scenery a little :p . Otherwise I wouldn't have any room for my Raptors. Really trying hard to fit everything in a mid tower case this time. And if I should go with a res, what type seems to be of better quality and not a 5 1/4 insert.(Don't want it cracking and leaking on me.(As I've seen some people having problems with) Thankyou

Back