• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

have room, but worth it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BlueMan

So I'm planning my setup, and I'm going to be building a box and have my computer sit on top of it. Now, with the width of the box, which will be the blower/heatercore setup similar to Cathar's, is it worth getting 2 cores and running them successively? I'll only have my GPU and CPU. But the CPU is a 3.06 northwood, so it does run hot. can't decide, what do you all think?

For one thing, I'm thinking that if the blower can only suck air through a smaller hole (one core), then it would cool that core more than it would cool two cores successively, but the cores would cool the water more...blah blah.

Suggestions?

You can get a Caprice heater core from Napa for $25. It is big enough to use 2 or 4-120mm fans. The overall size is 61/8X11. This will be enough radiator to cool your setup.

Back