• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Glad I put a filter in front of my cascade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pelikan

I changed my water today and checked the little micro screen filter that's in front of the cascade in my loop. There was some tan colored gooey stuff on it, covering maybe 1/3 of it. I don't know what it was. It would have clogged the cascade for sure.
I was using just distilled water. This time I put some antifreeze in there too. Maybe I won't get tan gooey stuff.

Sorry, but you will be spared from the horror. No camera...

lol, well, with antifreeze u shouldn't have that problem.
never found anything in my channels from day one (about 3 years ago) when i first stated watercooling

Just curious, what kind of filter are you using? I've been looking for a good one ever since I found a bunch of crap in my WW channels, would hate to see what it would have done to a Cascade.

The filter is designed for garden drip systems. It's just a very fine metal screen. You can screw threaded barbs into either end. I think it cost like $5.

That's nice, with the barbs built in. Are they very restrictive? My screen filter has some restriction, but not much.

Not corrosion, because my loop is all copper and my pump has stainless steel internals. And it wasn't rust because it was tan colored and gooey. I think it was some kind of algae or other organic growth.

Back