• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fan shroud question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Froz

I've made a shroud out of a tupperware container and the fan sits about 2 inches from the radiator. I've been looking at shrouds like this http://home.comcast.net/~wa261/wrad.JPG and it looks like the fans sit right on the radiator or just a bit away from it. which setup is better? i need really good demensions for the box i am making and need to decide on one or the other.

thanks much,
Froz

It only has to be a little bit away for the dead spot to be removed. I have that same radiator, but my fans are mounted on a custom shroud about 1/2" away from the radiator.

CIMG0342.jpg

Hey Pro what fans are those, and are they all aluminum or just the casing. I'm looking for some good aluminum, decent CFM 120 fans for my BIX120. Thanks

Woot! Groovy, thanks. Heh, I wonder if they even make a bearing fan with a ultra thin aluminum fan blade. Did someone say short life expectancy :D

Now if I could just find an Uber Res that isn't a bay res....

so say 1/4" to 1/2" will be just fine? Is 1" better or worse than 1/2" due to pressure loss etc?

Thanks,

Back