• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for the Best Non Bay Resevoir

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Myhre

I'm looking for a good NON bay res for my lian li pc65. It's going to be mounted at the bottom of the case in front of the motherboard. I just want to try and find something that isn't going to degrade and leak over the course of one year, as I've heard that quite a few res' have for some people. Thanks

!!!!I'm now looking for the Best dual 3 1/2" BAY Res!!!! :eek:

Last edited:
no res at all.....

thats the best solution i think, if you're worried about a res leak.

That is a very nice Res, but a little to big for my applications. Might look at it for my lian li tower though.

zip22 said:
no res at all.....

thats the best solution i think, if you're worried about a res leak.

True, but I just don't have a good spot for a T line in my case with my setup :-/

if you have room for a res, then you have more than enough room for a t-line. its only gotta be a few inches tall.

http://snt-systems.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=21_26

They have pretty nice reservoirs. They're only 3/8 OD barbs though, some even 1/4, but if your planning to get the MCW6000s (which may be the best performing blocks as of now, for a budget) then 3/8 is good enough. The AGB2 looks like it'll be nice and upright. If you want clear, the coolplex is nice. The price isn't so bad either.

Also consider the Criticool Waterplant, although it may beharder to bleed then those reservoirs.

zip22 said:
if you have room for a res, then you have more than enough room for a t-line. its only gotta be a few inches tall.

I've been using a t line on my past two WC rigs. They are both 5 1/4 t lines, and all my 5 1/4 bays are full. I don't want to stick a t line at the bottom of my case for practical and cosmetic purposes. I'd rather have a res sitting down there instead

Just finished buildin gmy new res as well, like lclark I used a 4x4x4 PVC box
Picked mine up at home depot for about 8 bucks and some change.

I forget what size threaded barb I used, but the hose barb itself was 3/8" for my system. I think the threaded side was 1/4" I suck at math anyway.

These boxes work great for reservoirs. Just drill the hole a little tight (I used a pretty thick bit, but again can't recall offhand) spread your sealant along the threads and screw it in straight. I used vyce grips for that. Pretty handy.. Hope to have my rig together again sometime tonight.. Depends on if I want to gamble with my epoxy's cure time or not... heh

Well I've decided on how I'm going to set up my rig. Going to get a 2x 3 1/2 bay res and leave the hard drive tray in the case to mount my hard drives in. I'm going to mount my pump in front of the mobo. It should work pretty well. I'm going to have the res dumping into the intake for the pump so that it shouldn't cause any restriction with a pull + gravity feed. Also going to use a high flow fitting on the output side of the Res. So here will be my loop= Res, Pump, CPU, GPU, Rad, Res. What do you guys think?

Back