• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Aquaextreme 12v pump noise (same as MCP600)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

quicksilverXP

Ok. Now all the small whiny CPU, Northbridge, and GPU fans are eliminated from my system, so the only thing I can hear is the Aquaextreme 12v pump which is situated in front of the case (inside the Hard drive bracket). It is cushioned witht he neoprene pad cooltechnica supplied with it. But it makes this small high pitched hum to it. Some people say its loud some say it s really quiet.

My question is. Since I'm considering moving to a 3/8 tubing route with the MCW6000 over my current 1/2 inch TDX setup, will getting an Eheim or Iwaki produce that same sound as the 12v Aquaextreme pump. I heard eheims are fairly quiet. If so, I might just sell off this pump and get another one when my MCW6000 arrives.

I had an Eheim 1046 which is the same thing, and it was DEAD silent. Maybe you've gotten a bad one, maybe something is loose. But I seriously had to put my ear right next to it to get any sound from it, and it was just a low "hmmmm" then.

dont get the MCW6000, wait for the MCW6002 to come out and use the 1/2" tubing you have now. I run a iwaki wmd-20rlt and i cant hear it at all.

i cant even hear mine now, didnt even take a week to get quiet. its even quieter than my 120mm aluminum at 7volts.

So I wouldn't be ableto tell the difference if I moved from an MCP600 to an Eheim 1250?

i think the 1250 is louder than the mcp600. the 1048 is whisper quiet though.

edit: btw i bet your aqua is just bad. i would bet that swiftech has better qc than the ones straight from aquaextreme

infinity9 said:
i think the 1250 is louder than the mcp600. the 1048 is whisper quiet though.

edit: btw i bet your aqua is just bad. i would bet that swiftech has better qc than the ones straight from aquaextreme

Well no. I've gone through 2 MCP600s (a rev. 1 and a rev.2). And when I leak tested all of them out of the case,all 3 pumps, the Aquaextreme and Swiftechs sounded the same. In a system that has many fans and with a couple high pitched fans (GPU and northbridge) I never noticed the MCP600.

But now that all the high pitched fans are eliminated, and all other fans (the 80mm and 120mm's, are running at the lowest possible voltage, the system has become really quiet and I can only hear 3 items. The PSU fans (because I can do nothing to quiet them), the hard drive, and the pump. The pump is placed in front of the case, so its audible because the 2 80mm fans in front are at the lowest voltage.

The case is a Lian-Li PC75, so I heard a pump noise increase from my old Evercase steel chassis case, as Aluminum doesn't muffle sounds as well.

I guess my real question is, since I want to get the Swiftech MCW6000,and make the transition to 3/8 tubing, as more flow doesn't help much with the MCW6000, would an Eheim 1048 suffice for an MCW6000, a reservoir, a double heatercore, and possibly a future GPU block (for my X800)?

I was also considering getting a WMD Iwaki 20rlt, but the green distracts me.

Well I can tell you that I have an aluminum case and I can't hear the pump at all. All I hear is my 120 at 7volts and my psu 92mm fan. One question though, do you have your case on your desk or the floor? You will always notice more noise when the case is next to your ear with a direct line.

I think it will really depend on what cpu you use and how much you want to overclock as to whether a 1048 and 3/8 tubing will be enough. I think you might have pretty low flow with all that through a double hc using 3/8. But if you are going for quiet it should be enough to mildly oc a system while remaining quiet. I haven't used 3/8 though so can't say the performance, just what I've read. I've played with a 1/4 and it was miserable.

Back