• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How cool is a water chiller idle and load?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
From what I have seen you dont need a radiator and your resevoir will be the container that you place the evaporater in. As far as the temps go hopefully someone here with a chiller can step in there.

Well i want something that can cool my NB,CPU,GPu at negative temps. and fit into my case like this.

w2.jpg

w10.jpg

VisEtVirtus said:
That would be expensive.

YUP Money is no object here when it comes to my parents and learning :clap:

But how cool do you think that guys temps is?

O_O OMG THAT THING IS AWESOME LOOKING!!!

Tell me more about A) that system in general like, link(s) to webpages and stuff - B) Where's the evaporator? C) I assume that thing is waterchilling it, so why isnt anything insulated? and D) I've been wondering, where can one find gpu blocks that cool the ram like the ones in that picture

That was just a show case so the guy only put it to around 17C so it doesnt condense and i dont know there the website is sorry.

Thats a nice example setup.
However, it cant be getting great temperatures OR it is dangerous. I dont see any line insulation or insulation on top of the block.

I did build a all in one waterchiller setup- but a bit larger than that one and not quite as nice looking. Mine however had an airtight seal around all hoses and around the block (the block was almost 6 in high after the needed insulation) and took 8 hours to replace a cpu.

I got a yy cube case and bolted a laboratory water bath to the bottom (same size) and then painted it to look like one unit.

Temps hovered (both gpu and cpu) in the 0c range.

I am currently abandoning/selling the thing because the noise and upkeep got too difficult (especially in a dorm room).

If you want it to fit nicely like that, you will need to build from scratch or completely dissasemble a refrig unit- which means studying up on refrigeration and buying tools (such as gauges).

nealric said:
Thats a nice example setup.
However, it cant be getting great temperatures OR it is dangerous. I dont see any line insulation or insulation on top of the block.

I did build a all in one waterchiller setup- but a bit larger than that one and not quite as nice looking. Mine however had an airtight seal around all hoses and around the block (the block was almost 6 in high after the needed insulation) and took 8 hours to replace a cpu.

I got a yy cube case and bolted a laboratory water bath to the bottom (same size) and then painted it to look like one unit.

Temps hovered (both gpu and cpu) in the 0c range.

I am currently abandoning/selling the thing because the noise and upkeep got too difficult (especially in a dorm room).

If you want it to fit nicely like that, you will need to build from scratch or completely dissasemble a refrig unit- which means studying up on refrigeration and buying tools (such as gauges).

BTW like i said it was a show case and i talked to the guy later and he said it did around -20 with insulation and turned up everything he had.

The evaporator is the black looking hose, from what i can tell the reason it is black is because it is insulated. Im pretty sure there is a copper water line running inside all the way through the evap, thats how the water gets chilled.

Yeah from the look of that setup, he is DEFENATELY NOT anywhere in subzero temps. I think he is using that evap to just slightly cool the water down to ambient. If it was running at subzero temps, all his hardware would fry since none of those tubes are insulated.
looking closer at his website.. http://www.haegkoeling.nl/site6.html it looks like they ripped apart a vapochill or prometia and stuck it in a case, but instead of putting it on the CPU, he used it to chill the water.

no its not because it was a showcase.

it's because he would have gotten condensation which would have fried his hardware. look on his website, it even says "This is an Innovatek watercooled system and the water is cooled with an compressor which is capable to cool the water even to -*C, but I have set it to 17*C water temp. because otherwise I will get condensation."

On closer inspection- that whole thing is a bit pointless.
Notice nothing is hooked up other than the cooling rig for looks- its just a pretty picture.

Seems like a waste of a nice setup not to insulate and crank it up.

So do you think i can still do it? or should i just stop and say hey F*ck it!

if money is no object why not just get a prommie mach 2 and lian-li kit and a lian li case

you'll get better temperatures and it should come with all the insulation materials and a heating element to prevent condensation

cupx2 said:
if money is no object why not just get a prommie mach 2 and lian-li kit and a lian li case

you'll get better temperatures and it should come with all the insulation materials and a heating element to prevent condensation

Cause that isnt fun at all plus that only cools one thing when i can cool 3 things at sub temps :)

Back