• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radiators and fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

azianese

I plan on buying a dtek procore and I already have an aluminum 120mm fan with me. Anyways, I was wondering whether or not I would notice a significant difference by mounting two fans in a push/pull configuration. I assume with one fan I should be having it pull which seems kind of strange to me.

(I tried using the search feature... but for some reason no matter what I put in it gives me the same three threads...)

hmmm.... I suppose I won't worry about it. So I should make the fan pull air out of the Radiator? I would think that it would be like a heatsink and you would need to blow air into it to get the heat out but just making sure...

If you haven't, consider picking up a fan shroud to go with the dtek core. I use a Dtek core with dtek shroud and an enermax adjustable 120, and things work fine. You'd want the fan sucking air in this config probably, or if you want to try with it blowing go for it, different folks get different results

I would guess the pulling would lessen the dead spot caused by the motor hub compared to blowing through it. Alpha heat sinks work a lil better pulling with the shoud. I would guess same with radiators.

You'd probably be better served by instead mounting one fan on a shroud, so as to eliminate the dead spot caused by the fan motor.

One fan with a shroud would be better, or two HC's.

Look at it this way, you can only push or pull so much air through something, in this case, a radiator. Think of it as a straw. You can blow as hard as you want, eventually it cannot go any faster.

Back