• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TDX and TDX Silver Version???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sam820921

Registered
Anybody who has tried out the TDX and the TDX Silver version??? Which one has the best prestanda... and do they outron the RBXX???

THANX for answers... ;)

The TDX and the S-TDX are equal in performance, but the S-TDX has a higher pressure drop. They both beat the RBX. TDX with the #5 nozzle is one of the best blocks that exists.

AngryAlpaca said:
The TDX and the S-TDX are equal in performance, but the S-TDX has a higher pressure drop. They both beat the RBX. TDX with the #5 nozzle is one of the best blocks that exists.

From what I can see the RBX is a little better than the TDX. The yesys that show it beating the RBX are ones that have the RBX using the #1 nozle and the TDX using the #4 or #5. Have you seen anyone test both with the #4 and #5 against each other?

The higher the number the higher the restriction and velocity of the water. The 1~4 nozles are slits of varrying sizes and the #5 is a bunch of little holes.(works best but easy to clog)

www.overclockers.com and that uses the #4 nozzle for the TDX, so that number is a bit high. Only for the bare core Athlons? I'm pretty sure those are the most popular processors.

#5 is the best nozzle.

I just got my s-tdx in, but haven't installed it yet. Yes, I got it for the bling-bling!

Shawn

AngryAlpaca said:
www.overclockers.com and that uses the #4 nozzle for the TDX, so that number is a bit high. Only for the bare core Athlons? I'm pretty sure those are the most popular processors.

#5 is the best nozzle.

Right now for the enthusiast the XPx may be the mosy popular but the P4 is quite popular also and the A64s are getting more popular now also so I doubt that the abre core athlons will be the majority for long even if they are now.

As for the pressure drop it could ber right but I would guess its not. Manufaturing differences can couse difference between blocks and unless a rather large same of random blocks were tested you wouldnt know. Read the end of this article and see what Joe says about that.

http://www.overclockers.com/articles1027/index02.asp

AngryAlpaca said:
No, no one has bothered with the RBX since the TDX came out. http://www.procooling.com/reviews/html/danger_den_tdx_nozzle_tests_-_.php This shows that the RBX #1 plate beats the TDX at a set flow rate by a tiny bit, but it has a higher (~5") pressure drop, making the TDX better. The TDX is also easier to mount (wider base) and use (two barbs, not three.)

if you read the addendum to the silver TDX review
http://www.overclockers.com/articles1027/index02.asp
you'll see that the higher figure for the silver one is the correct one for the copper block also - hence the RBX #1 (16.3"H2O) is about the same if not lower than the TDX #4 (17.2"H2O)

Back