• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Making a Temp Resevoir

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Myhre

Going to be making a temporary Resevoir, any thoughts on what type of epoxy I should use? I heard someone give a type before, but I can't remember it :(

i present to you, my temp res when my pc sprung a leak

Attachments

• DSC00605a.jpg
    DSC00605a.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 61
For a temp res, anything will work. JB weld is good if you want it to never come off or move at all, or any kind of epoxy for that matter, but goop is good for barbs and stuff if you might change it eventually.

PROkillernoodle said:
For a temp res, anything will work. JB weld is good if you want it to never come off or move at all, or any kind of epoxy for that matter, but goop is good for barbs and stuff if you might change it eventually.

I usually use Megaloc for any thread applications. We use that stuff in our high pressure freon systems to help contain thread leaks.

I want to know, what offers such pretty seams. you see on professional reseviors, I know thats not temp, but permanant I mean. what offers pretty, invisible joints.

ares350 said:
I want to know, what offers such pretty seams. you see on professional reseviors, I know thats not temp, but permanant I mean. what offers pretty, invisible joints.

My guess is some UBER clear epoxy. Not sure of the type though

Yea all they use is a clear epoxy. When my buddy built his res he did it out of Plexiglass and sealed it all up with marine expoxy (clear).

Looks good and never had a problem with it.

Back