• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A new take on water probe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RoD

I recently aquired a Digidoc 5+ and i want to use one of the probes to monitor water tempatures, one problem. The cooling system is external, except the cpu block obviously. Would it be possible to put the probe in the hose at the block?

IE run the thin wire along the barb so that the probe itsself is in the hose with the water traveling across it. Would it be thing enough so that when i tighten the hose to the barb with the clamp it wont leak?

Any better ideas for monitoring water temps? Hope my explanation made sense.

Well i dont want anything inside the case but the nice clean short lines from the side panel to the maze4, and i dont want the probe outside of the PC, so this is my only real option for water temps.

I plan to have a probe at the top of the case, the CPU core, the NB, that outside top of the case for estimated room temp, the HDD, the water (i hope), and the vid card.

actually i have a really small t around, thats a good idea when u see it made out.

HMMM

hmm never seen one made just been thinking it up in my head. but hey if your not skilled buy the premade one.

I stuck a probe in my water and in my rad between the fins and they read the same. Sticking it in the rad is easier.

pelikan said:
I stuck a probe in my water and in my rad between the fins and they read the same. Sticking it in the rad is easier.

I'm going to mod a probe into my res, shouldn't be too hard. /knocks on wood

Back