• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

distilled and deionized water

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

germanjulian

first of all I did search for this but no results where found :clap:

I can not get distilled water! so I bought de-ionized water.

whats the difference?

thanks

DI water is slightly worse b/c it dissolves a VERY SMALL amount of your sysems' blocks, but any performance difference should not be noticeable. ( I hate the idea of a small amount being dissolved, but in reality it shouldnt have any effect.)

how can you not get distilled water?
anyways, like @/2ct!< said, DI water is worse for your system because it needs to pull ions from your blocks to balance, so it will gradually degrade your system

What kind of **** wrote a filter that looks for naughty words in the middle to legitimate words?

Deionized water will absorb CO2 from the air producing carbonic acid -- it doesn't stay deionized for long. And what about non-ionized contaminants?

AZNBoiOnFIYA said:
how can you not get distilled water?
anyways, like @/2ct!< said, DI water is worse for your system because it needs to pull ions from your blocks to balance, so it will gradually degrade your system

it's just not available here, because DI is way cheaper to produce so it's not commercially viable to sell distilled for the few people (like us and the live-steam fraternity, who for some reason don't like the solder in their boilers dissolving over time ....)who want it - only way to get it is through a contact with access to a distiller, or buy one yourself...

BTW it'd be illegal to sell distilled for human consumption here (there is a minimum calcium level requirement on bottled water) so that may be what kills the market...

ok today is the day I will setup my watercooling rig!!!! wicked...
got it this morning. only problem is that the pump is the version with the dc plug.... american dc plug lol.
thank god I can cut cables and put a UK one on there :)

germanjulian said:
ok today is the day I will setup my watercooling rig!!!! wicked...
got it this morning. only problem is that the pump is the version with the dc plug.... american dc plug lol.
thank god I can cut cables and put a UK one on there :)

DON'T CUT IT!!!! - you'll need it to plug into the US side of a voltage converter if you want to use it ......

where did you get it from?

Back