• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermaltake Aquarius II Liquid Cooling System - Opinions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

T20

Was at a small PC store near my house, and saw this thing for $130CAD. Seems like a great price for
An Everything Included KIT

After checking out some reviews, the performance of this is somewhat mediocre, however it does perform this mediocracy @ 29dba, and requires virtually no hassle for a guy like me.

However, I think the problem lies in the videocard. Cards like 9800 Pro, got a pretty loud fan. So what would be the point of going to water, if you still got a loud fan screaming inside your case cooling your card.

Opinions are welcome :p

From what I've heard the Aquarius II only performs slighty better then a midrange air cooling solution, if that.
Clocker2 has one of these, you may want to ask him about it...

If you can get a new thermaltake or swiftech heatsink for about that price or cheaper, definately go with the heatsink. Itll outperform that kit.

Either that or do some more reading.

Jon

Ive got that kit installed currently on my CPU. But I did modify it a little bit, which only helped the temps about 5c. Currently Im using a 3.0E @ 3.6 with temps in the range of 37c

What I did was take the radiator out and mount it on the back of the Case, so the fan on the radiator blows the hot air outside of the machine, instead of inside.

Had a Thermaltake aquarius 2, but was a pain in the *$$ to install in my case (a thermaltake xaser III no less), After tearing my rig apart twice I gave it away to a friend of mine who was building a rig for his wife, and got a Koolance EXOS external set-up. it sits about 2 feet away from me and all I hear is the front case fan. You might like it , certainly a low cost cooling system. I am happy with the EXOS tho. :beer:

Back