• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

URGENT: Bleeding & Water Replacment

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DuallyKickass

Ok, as the title says i need to replace my water. The res is all throthing up and i think that something is in there that shouldn't be. But less of the point of that, my water needs replacing and i need to wash the throth out.

Problem, the resiviour is a buit in part of the koolance exos and i am not sure what i put into the water.

So basicly, i need to know how i would flush the system out, and how i would replace the water with no air lock etc. I have a small filling cap in the top and that is all, thanks.

What ingredients do i need for the water. My friend has offered to get me some battery top up stuff, and i have a litre of anti-freeze. What mixture and are those correct ingredients!?

Thanks in advance its kinda urgent as temps are hitting the 50s and i dont like it!!

AZNBoiOnFIYA said:
you just cleaning your system out or is there some kind of buildup or something?
DuallyKickass said:
The res is all throthing up and i think that something is in there that shouldn't be. But less of the point of that, my water needs replacing and i need to wash the throth out.

If you'd like, I can translate to another language for you....what would be more effective?

I want it translated into n00bspeak

anyway

Can you describe this "throthing up" ?

Is it possible you just have some air in there making bubbles ? Adding more liquid may solve the problem if so.

Na m8, the water was filtered by myself, and now i realise i shouldnt of done it as all the little bits got in and caused this. I basicly need to know how to bleed and how the mixture should be

I was advised 50/50 antifreeze to distilled water.. ?

DuallyKickass said:
Na m8, the water was filtered by myself, and now i realise i shouldnt of done it as all the little bits got in and caused this. I basicly need to know how to bleed and how the mixture should be

I was advised 50/50 antifreeze to distilled water.. ?

50/50 is too much antifreeze.

10% antifreeze for an all-copper system

25% if you're mixing copper and alumnium

greenman100 said:
10 parts distilled water from your local supermarket, 1 part antifreeze

greenman100, DuallyKickass (like me) is in the UK - so distilled water is not available :( (unless you have a contact with access to a distiller, or buy one yourself...) - australia is the same i believe...
only de-ionised water is available (as it's way cheaper to produce) and that will be what his friend has for topping up his battery....

pauldenton said:
greenman100, DuallyKickass (like me) is in the UK - so distilled water is not available :( (unless you have a contact with access to a distiller, or buy one yourself...) - australia is the same i believe...
only de-ionised water is available (as it's way cheaper to produce) and that will be what his friend has for topping up his battery....

I did not know that, thank you.

Ok well here is what i did.

I got some battery top up fluid. Then i poured like 1/4 away and filled the bottle up to top with anti freeze. so my mix is umm 75water:25antifreeze is this good enough?

This is a little off topic from the original thread, but I didn't want to start a whole new one.

For those with reservoirs: How do they work for bleeding if they're not at the highest point of your loop? or do they?
And what happens when you turn the pump off?

I've seen setups with the external res or the res attached directly to the pump inlet and always wondered how they worked usually being at the bottom of the case. The main reason I want a res is for filling and bleeding.

Back