• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally a pic to show for myself

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Neco

Ya all these years of lurking around in quiet contemplation with a million design ideas and a few home built setups and never a single pic from me (I think).

Oh well. I just completed this within a timespan of 24hrs (mostly waiting on epoxy).

I call it... A board from a tree that eventually ended up on my desk. :cry:

water-2004.jpg

Tah dah :sn:

I love my reservoirs. No sound of running water, no bubbles, no painful hours of trying to fill the system and prime the pump.. I suck at T's and I lovingly admit it :santa:

Haha, not my idea, I'm certainly not the first to build one ;)

Just a quick rundown. Pretty much any good epoxy will work for sealant, probably even simple plumbers tape on the threaded end of the hose barbs.

Drill the hole slightly smaller, than first screw the barb in with some vyce grips or something similar to make sure the size is right and you don't crack anything, then take the barb out, clean things up if you haven't, spread the epoxy around the threads and screw in. Add some around the outside edges once screwed in and wait the cure time.

Also if you do it with the return line on the lid like mine, either attach another barb on the inside, or attach a piece of hose, so that the water will return below the water-line inside the res. Otherwise its a bit noisey as you have running water "splattering" inside. I learned this the hard way, and had to make last minute drain and modifications on the res. with everything assembled.

Back