• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Swiftech Northbridge Cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
that one looks like the best...
if you don't want to spend a whole 30$ for that thing, i would go with the thermalright one (its like a mini SLK :sn: ). im guessing the performance is about the same, but its 1/3 the price: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=35-109-116&depa=0
35-109-116-07.JPG

I'm a huge fan. It is pretty much the XP overclocking champion in my opinion. A lot of people have got the DFI to go to a faster FSB, but apparently they have really bad quality control.

The NF7-S has worked great for me, the stock Bios is excelent, and it is rock solid stable. There are also some great hacked Bioses and other mods for it.

Go to the abit athalon motherboard section, it is pretty much all about the NF7-S.

You may also want to check out the DFI infinity or LanParty With the Nforce2-Ultra 400 or whatever it is. They are basically the same boards, but the lan party had more extras and glowing crap. Your call on saving some money or looking sweet.

Defenately what matttheniceguy said... it is just breathtaking for us overclockers ;)

Chocobo said:
Does cooling the NB really help?
higher fsb's often work better with higher voltages in the NB, thus making the NB hotter and requiring better cooling for stable operation, so basically yes if you're increasing the NB voltage for higher fsb's

KV8 or IC7? amd 64 or P4? either one should have a chipset voltage option in the bios.

You should put your system in your sig like most people have, it makes it a lot easier to answer questions

I have that Swiftie on my P4C800E, cools it quite well. At least 5C difference between the stock hsf and this - not certain as I didn't have a temp-probe fixed on the stock hsf to check so I only have the change in the motherboard temp.

I'm a huge fan of that Northbridge sink. In fact I took off my NB waterblock(for various reasons) and replaced it with that sink. My NB stays around 27C now, and that is with a [email protected], but your results might vary. All I can say is I love that sink and noticed I was able to push a little further with it than with the stock Asus HS.

syberspy9 said:
any one use hte copper one yet??
It's not out yet; I sent an email over to Jab-Tech, and he told me that Thermalright hasn't given a release date for it yet. When it comes out, I'm getting one for my NF7-S :D

cooling the NB while in all means is not a BAD thing to do, will not get you any more than 1-10mhz more, unless your talking about cooling it with extreme methods, its just not commonly known that hardcore overclockers out there stop and say , '' man I know I can hit 4.5ghz with more cooling on the NB"... :)

Back