• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corrosion how?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Turd Furguson

I have been running my watercooling for about a month now and I have noticed my tubes start turning green as I assume there is algea buildup there or something. But what I dont understand is I was running distilled water and water wetter. I thought that stuff was supposed to eliminate green stuff on the walls of your tubing.

Also upon removing all the water from my system I noticed my water was blue in color. I thought corrosion was green in nature. What could have caused the water to become blue when water wetter is pink in nature?

Very true. I should have remembered that from chemisty class that I am in. But I am curious as to what is is causing the copper to dissolve then.

Sounds like you may have not had enough WW in your system when you added it.

I always add it while the pump is running and watch for the whole system to turn a light pinkish color and then stop.

Do you remember how much you added and to how much water ?

Did you flush out your radiator and stuff before puting your loop together? I doubt they use distilled water when they make a couple hundred core's a day, so some very light corrosion may have been left inside from leak testing at the factory, flux too (which will also look like corrosion at this point).

Give her a soak in vinegar (don't run the system durring this) for an hour or two, then flush with mildly soapy water. Flush several times with distilled then refill with your solution...try again.

The waterblocks are usually made in a comparitively clean environment, but for some reason I have bad mental images of what an overseas factory looks like inside, while making heatercores.

Luck to ya, bud!

The water was definitely pink but I just started watching it turn colors over time.

I will give everything a good bath here later this week when I get the time.

Back