• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Watercooling Case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

A-Speck

My brother's going off to college this fall, and that means a new computer! He's seen my watercooled setup and wants to watercool the rig he's going to have in college. Next thing I know, it's up to me to build him his college computer. I'm pretty up to date on all the components out there, but I don't know nearly as much about the cases that are available, and which are the best for watercooling.

Myself, I have an AMS G-Tower from Cooltechnica. I love it; it's attractive, has more than enough space inside, and has a 120mm intake on the rear and a 120mm blowhole for exhaust, perfect for my setup. I don't think my brother wants a clone of my system, though, and I'm well aware there's probably something better out there.

What are you guys' opinions? What is the best case out there for watercooling, and what makes it better than the alternatives?

Lian Li PC-70 series, hands down best case for watercooling ib the normal atx formfactor

we'll need to know a bit more about what you need: Do you want a case that will be upgradable soon? If so you'll need to get a new BTX compliant case (lian li just came out with one that is amazing, with a price to match)

For raw space, the cube server cases can't be beat. Xoxide has a few.

Lian li PC75 is also very nice - lots of space, attractive, etc.

You should really decide if you want your bro's computer to be upgradable though. That severely limits your options, but perhaps makes for a happier brother two years down the line.

I don't know about any case being good for water cooling, many cheap o's are just to thin (even for a regular PC). I myself like the Chieftec Dragons (and Matrix) either the SOHO's or the Full size's. But I do agree the more room the better, and the Lian li and Cool Masters also fit the bill. But the Chieftec Dragons (and Matrix) are usually much cheaper in price http://store.yahoo.com/directron/chieftec.html

Cant go wrong with the antec plusview1000 series cases and all the similar knock offs. You can fit a fairly big radiator in the front of the case and still have room for the pump and all your drives. I have one myself and love it.

th pc75 is too damn tall lol. and personally i think the 18 5 1/4 drive bays looks kinda uggy (i know its not 18 :p). the cheiftec dragon series are the best for the money, buy 2 for the price of a lian-li so if you screw up one modding you have a backup.

i have the chieftec big tower case and its great loads of room to fit everything in and its fairly cheap also.

Man, all these Lian-Li recommendations... When I bought my case, I hadn't even heard of Lian-Li. Guess I missed out.

only concer when i buy my pc-75 is: its a LONG way up to to for my pump to get to radiator......gonna have to buy a big pump :)

Cool, thanks for all the links. If I was buying a brand new case for myself, I'd probably lean more towards something with 120.2 capability, but as far as price and BIX/HC compatibility, it looks like the Super LANboy is probably going to be the case of choice. I can't have him one upping me, now can I?

My brother also saw the LED fan on the front and pretty much went nuts. I guess I shouldn't show him some of the stuff that's out there. His case might end up looking like the Vegas strip. Meh. I'm not big on the bling, myself. The only concessions I've made in that direction are a case window (which was a free option) and a small blue light that lets me keep an eye on things inside the case.

Back