• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Post your Water Vs Core temp for me please!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wurm

Registered
My mainboard Chaintech ZNF3-250Gb BIOS is jacked up and is reporting my CPU idleing at 127°c (yeah right :rolleyes: )

So I dropped a fever thermometer into my reservoir and its reading 24°c water temp (really Innova-Protect) so I was wondering how off the water temp is compared to CPU core temp.

If some of you who know that their BIOS is pretty close to 100% could measure the difference for me I would be grateful.

I'm quesstimating it to be 10 to 15°c off from the core temp.

Im running a A64 Newcastle at 2475Mhz and it can do Prime95 all day long but I'd still like to know how hot it is.

I sure hope Chaintech comes out with a new bios soon :mad:

Another quick question for anyone who has done it before....

I mounted a flat thermal probe to the side of my CPU's metal plate. How much of a difference is there between the side and the core of the CPU?

Temps:
Core = 65.5C full load
Water = around 35-35,5c full load
Room temp = 19 - 21c

This is passive water cooling, no fans on this baby.

brint said:
Temps:
Core = 65.5C full load
Water = around 35-35,5c full load
Room temp = 19 - 21c

This is passive water cooling, no fans on this baby.

30 degrees hmmm that would mean my system is idleing at 54°c but I doubt that since I am using a 120mm fan on my radiator.

However when I go full load the water only goes up 1 or 2 degrees I think something is fishy.

BTW that thermal probe I mentioned reads 30°c at full load.

Turd Furguson said:
Always trust the probe over the onboard software.

I would IF it was mounted closer to the core :) thats why I asked for the differences.

If ur actuall water temp is whatever it is youre cpu will be about 10c or so higher

Areu sure ur reading Celcuis and not just Farenheit, cuss 127c sounds to me ike 127f

Last edited:
No its °c this is a known problem with the new Chaintech boards.

Wurm said:
30 degrees hmmm that would mean my system is idleing at 54°c but I doubt that since I am using a 120mm fan on my radiator.

However when I go full load the water only goes up 1 or 2 degrees I think something is fishy.

BTW that thermal probe I mentioned reads 30°c at full load.

Unless you are using the same size radiator and pump as I am, you can't draw parallels between my rig and yours.
For example, my radiator holds about 2.5-3Liters of water. And it has a surface area at about 75x50cm. That would run way colder than a system with a weekter pump and a radiator only holding about 1-1.5Liters of water and with a surface area of only 35x30cm
Am I right?

Well there is only 1 motherboard that reads the on-die temps for CPU's and I think that is Epox. But the on-die temps are always going to be at least 5*C higher on the core than beside it so that should give you a guesstimate.

im using a nf7-s rev2.0 which reads very high

anyways with my fans OFF i have core equalibrium of 48C at full load and with fans at inaudible level full load is 41C
note thats with the high reporting of the nf7 s boards

2.1vcore/ 2.55ghz <--2100+ dut3c
3h prime temp was 48C-50C max
dont know water temps

Back