• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MCW50 or Dangerden MAZE4 GPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Myhre

I currently have a MCW50 swifty gpu block for my 9800XT, and I'm building a new WC system. I have a friend that is willing to take all my old swifty blocks off my hands if I decide on getting a new GPU block. Should I stick with the swifty or does the dangerden block offer better/lower temps? Thankyou

I've used both myself, and couldn't say which would be better for straight up watercooling. If you intend to use a peltier, the Maze 4 is the way to go, because of the coldplate it comes with, and complete kit.

If you already have a MCW-50, I wouldn't bother paying more for a new Maze 4. I doubt you would see a diffference, possibly a miniscule one.

felinusz said:
If you intend to use a peltier, the Maze 4 is the way to go, because of the coldplate it comes with, and complete kit.

The peltier version of the MCW50 comes with a cold plate, neoprane and everything else except for dielectric grease.

If it had been a first time purchase, I'd go with the Maze 4, but since you already have a Swiftech, it's not worth the trouble.

I went with the Maze4 and here's why. I'm going to be running a full 1/2ID system. RAD,CPU,RES,PUMP all stock 1/2OD. So I don't want to take a MCW50 that was designed for a 3/8ID system and put 1/2OD stems on it, which would let it connect up to my system fine, but would be reducing my flow.

Back