• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

N00b wanting to WC ive read all the stickies and still want to know from you guys....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sophisticated

N00b wanting to WC ive read all the stickies and still want to know from you guys....

....What is the best HC & Cpu Block??? the Maze4 I Assume w/ 1/2 fittings and same size tubes...here is a pic of a list for you guys to judge and help out to get the max outta this WC custon kit...i want the lowest temps possible

Attachments

• WC Rig.JPEG
    WC Rig.JPEG
    63.9 KB · Views: 246
the maze4 performs badly, you might want to get something else. Yes, its half inch od barbs, for half inch id tubing.

I would go with the RBX or TDX cpu block. They work much better. And personaly I like the 12v pumps. Thier heater core is fine for a rad.

The dbl is best if you have the room. As far as which block is best they are very close between the TDX and RBX, the main difference is the RBX has 2 outlet barbs and the TDX has 1. Also the TDX is easier to mount correctly in athlon XPs since it is wider and will contact the pads on the cpu wich the RBX wont.

get the plain heatercore with shroud, unless you can afford (and fit into your case) a black ice 2 like this one
also see joe's comparison of waterblock's
i'd get the TDX because it's simpler, and IMO cooler looking. The RBX performs better with a higher pressure drop in Joe's test, but the difference in performance between the blocks is minimal (and possibly even within a margin of error, though Joe does his tests very carefully).

well this will be for a P4 rig as you see in the picture not AMD so is it hard to fir the RBX on the P4 also...everybit of performance helps...what do you think my temps will be with a 3.0c and this material...also how good is the Black Xtreme over the Double Heatercore

ever think about getting a whitewater cpu block? they should be in stock and be ready to ship this friday...and get the heatercore too..cheaper and better.

neoprene is for use with peltiers so no, you don't need any, tho you do need some kind of thermal interface material, such as AS5 for the block, so get that

ok so let me clarify this here is the list\

Hydor L35 Pump

ClearFlex60 Tubing 1/2 Inch ID per Foot 12ft

Danger Den - RBX - Includes Mounting Hardware, Socket 478 Lucite Top, Extra 478 Top with 1/2 Fittings, None, Five Nozzles & Wrench

MAZE4 Chipset Water Block - Includes Mounting Hardware, 1/2 Fittings, Stainless Steel

Arctic Silver 5

12oz Zerex Super Coolant

Distilled Water

and oh yeah i still want to know which is better the Double HeaterCore Or Black Xtreme II

also, i've read that some people have been having quite a few problems with the mounting system for the maze4 chipset block on pentium boards with the hooks and all, so perhaps you might want to rethink that, though someone who actually has the block could tell you better than i could

Since the RBX has 3 fittings instead of the regular 2 how do i get the xtra one back in regular flow.......for example

Pump > HC > CPUWB > Northbridge > Res > Pump....how can i get that xtra tube to flow with the rest.....Y fittings??? here is a diagram if you don't understand dont mind my drawing lol mayb ill get a sticky for it lol

Attachments

• WC Setup.JPEG
    WC Setup.JPEG
    24.3 KB · Views: 208
One thing I know a lot of people do is have one of the RBX outlets go to their NB and one go to their GPU block, then have the two lines empty into the reservior. And, just a suggestion, based on your diagram, I'd definitely spring for a GPU block before a NB block. There's whole threads about whether WCing your NB is really even necessary. Watercooling your GPU also helps get rid of one of the noisiest fans in your system.

About the nb cooling, i don't know if the nb is passively coold, but here in The Netherlands a few people get problems with hight oc's after going wc. Usually the nb, if passively cooled, get some airflow from the cpu cooler. After watercooling the cpu, the nb will be really passively cooled and only uses the airflow of the case-fans. This might affect your stability...

Back