• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Those with a Black Ice Micro II, please post your temps!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GV2NIX

Hello, I'm recovering from a w/c disaster, and am currently re-designing my system. I can only fit a BIM 2 in my case, so getting a heatercore or a 120mm rad is out of the question because I don't want to case mod.

While I'm re-designing, I want to make sure that I'm not making a big mistake with my rad. So, those of you who have a BIM 2, please post your temps here, so that I can get an idea of what kind of temps I should be expecting with this. I'm using a MCP600, 1/2" ID tubing, RBX, Maze4 chipset and GPU blocks. I know I'm not going to get great temps, but I want to see what kinds of temps you guys are getting. Thanks!

I haven't got a BIM II but i have got two BIM in parallel keeping my 2500 xp-m @ 10x200 at 33 C full load using a slit edge and a Maxi jet 1200. With the fans @ 5v its about 36 full load. Thats with two fans on each rad and no other blocks.

I have a friend that has 2 back ice micros... dont know if that's the same has having 1 blackicemicro2.. but his temps are around 43C full load on a tbird 2000+ @ 1920mhz 1.95vcore.....

GV2NIX,

I've got a BIMII. I'm running 35C idle, ~42C load. Using Swifty MCW5002, Danger Den Maze 4 on the vid card, and the Swifty MCP 600 pump.

I've got the rad placed in my 3 1/2 bay area of my Coolermaster ATC-201 case, in front of the two 80mm intake fans. I bolted two Panaflo H1A's to the back of the rad to have a push-pull. All fans are on a Vantec Nexus fan controller to keep it nice and quiet. When I game I'll crank up the Panaflos to keep the temp no higher than around 42.

Hope this helps.

GV2NIX said:
Reflex, what kind of CFM are you getting through your rad?

The spec says 40cfm but its gonna be alot less than that in real terms.
Forgot to say case temps about 27 c

I'm looking into getting a big heater matrix/core to get rid of the noise cause its very annoying, and they're cheep too :)

Its about 20 C. Yep just the slit edge and my rads are outside the case.

Attachments

• rads.JPG
    rads.JPG
    10.1 KB · Views: 152
Looks like you got 3/8" ID tubing. I got the BIM II with the 1/2" barbs on it. I wonder if it'll make a difference. 2 BIMs in parallel with 3/8" ID tubing are probably better than 1 BIM II with 1/2" ID tubing I bet... Plus I have 3 water blocks! I'm almost done rebuilding my cooling system. I'll post back when (if?) I get it up and running!

Its 3/8ths to the rads but from the Ys down its 1/2 inch. Let me know how it goes

scratchdog:

I've got the rad placed in my 3 1/2 bay area of my Coolermaster ATC-201 case, in front of the two 80mm intake fans. I bolted two Panaflo H1A's to the back of the rad to have a push-pull.

i was thinking of doing the exact same thing with a wavemaster case if the internals are the same which they appear to be. i have an extra pump and mobo and proc and will probly soon have a cathar super secret squirrell block when he starts to release them and want to do away with my old micron case and use the rest of its parts to make a closed loop T line wave master . just need a rad block and PSU and ram ( dont really wanna put old crappy ram in a system)

anyways about how many mm or cm tall would you say the clearance from the top of the top 80mm fan in front is to the bottom of the top 3.5 bay? ( gotta fit a floppy drive in there too and find a spot for some hard drives)

When I had my BIM II (1/2" barbs) I was getting around 36-38C for temps.

Was running rad incase with 2 120mm fans (Vantec Stealth ones). With the setup I had and poor airflow I was suprised I could get that low of a temp.

2.4C @ 3.4-3.55ghz using 1.6 to 1.675 volts (no change in temperature)

This was around december timeframe but during the summer it wasn't more then 2-3C warmer for the CPU.

thorilan said:
scratchdog:

i was thinking of doing the exact same thing with a wavemaster case if the internals are the same which they appear to be. i have an extra pump and mobo and proc and will probly soon have a cathar super secret squirrell block when he starts to release them and want to do away with my old micron case and use the rest of its parts to make a closed loop T line wave master . just need a rad block and PSU and ram ( dont really wanna put old crappy ram in a system)

anyways about how many mm or cm tall would you say the clearance from the top of the top 80mm fan in front is to the bottom of the top 3.5 bay? ( gotta fit a floppy drive in there too and find a spot for some hard drives)

Well, I use the top 3.5 bay for the floppy. The bottom one is unusable, as my 1/2 in barbs get in the way. As far as hard drives, I have them mounted in my 5 1/4 bays, with the help of the Zalman heatpipe hard drive coolers. Kind of annoying having to sacrifice the 3 1/2 spots, but I did not want to mod my case, or attempt to mod it and screw it up.

Back