• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hitachi Unit On Front Page

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Komitet

This unit looks very useful for mainstream users wanting to get into water cooling, such as myself.

But judging from the picture of the Desktop Unit, it looks as though you can't manipulate the copper tubes from the pump/rad, it only fits the way it fits, by looking at the pic, where are you supposed to put your AGP gfx card? the bottom of the unit looks as though it's right in the way, not sure if Joe has a better picture of it, or can add some insight, just going by what I see.

Correct me if I'm wrong please.

Remember, that's just a mock-up for the show. As long as there's tubing cutters, you can replace the rigid tubing coming from the radiator unit to the cpu pump using plastic tubing. It looks like the waterblock/pump has hose barbs on it anyway, to prevent the rigid tube from pressuring the cpu mount.

From the limited view of the case, it may not have even had a normal fan hole, as many cases have them mounted higher up anyway. Just something their silly engineers threw together for the show...they didn't even clean up the copper!

These look like prototypes. The finished product will no doubt have more thought put into them.

If Joe is correct in believing it is intended for OEM applications (I strongly agree with him, btw) the rigid tubing isn't a problem.

Of particular interest is the 1U cooling setup. Water cooling offers the most advantage over air cooling in this situation - I'm surprised more manufacturers haven't tried this approach. Efficient air cooling is very difficult in these tight spaces.

First thing I saw this morning. It doesn't look bad. Sure it won't have the capacity we commonly have as hobbyists but for OEMs and Presshots it should work adequately, which would be the goal.

One thing that gave me something of a surprise was the 120-150 watt bit. What do you guys think? I know that any cooling solution will always dissipate the amount of heat that's being pumped into it, but I'm wondering how high the temperature's gonna have to reach, for it to handle 150 watts. Can anyone with experience comment?

Back