• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

unsure of the radiator part

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

danr

Registered
Been trawling through the web and ive put together a kit list based on advice and reviews. What do you think?

Dangerden Maze 4 AMD Copper top Water
1x Thermochill 80.1 with 1/2" Barbs
1x 120mm Sunon Fan
1x Eheim 1048 Water Pump
1x Dual Floppy Bay-Res
1.5m Clear 1/2 inch Hose
12x Nylon Hose Clamps
1x Water Wetter

I'm still not 100% sure of where the radiator sits and how it is mounted, i have an antec 1080 amg case with 80mm fan holes. If the radiator sits on the outside of the case, i can use any size fan i assume. But if it is mnounted on the inside of the case will i need to get an 80mm radiator as above. ?

I have a dfi infinity motherboard and the cpu sits very near the case rear exhausts.

The above is for sale at £125 from coolercases.co.uk but i can change the radiator from the specified kit one if you adivse on a different product.

cheers

Being a Thermochill, you should be able to bolt it to any equivalent fan mount or case hole that you punch if neccessary. You should think about getting the 120.1 instead of the 80.1. There should be a decent difference between the two. Everything else looks good.

the antec only has 80mm fan bays, 2x rear, 1x front, 1x side. Is there anyway of installingthe 120.1. or will i need to mod the case?

having looked at my case inards, i may be able to mount a 120.1 radiator on the side door by drilling four holes and screwing it to the side panel.

what do you think. other than this i dont see how i can get a 120 rad into my case?

Back