• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Think crucial sent me sdram..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tithulta

I order a stick of 256mb pc2100 ddr from crucial.com

I swear the memory looks like sdram instead of ddr

I thought ddr had 2 notches..this one only has one

here's the best pic I could make of it still in the static bag

*even there installation guide shows sdram with one notch and ddr with 2...just wanna make certain I'm not halucinating*

No DDR has one notch and Sdram has two notches. I just got the exact same ram as you got today. Put it in and now system will not run stable at 133mhz FSB! No matter what ram timings I have. But if I run at 100mhz FSB runs fine? Whats up with that?
Stuck my Sdram back in and run's fine at 133fsb.

Here is an easy testing method: try it in the slot. If it doesn't fit, its SDRAM. Well you get the idea. Just a matter of trial and error. :)

mb isn't here yet....BUT i did look and an old sdram board and i can tell the chip i bought will not fit it period ;) so it IS ddr....where I got confused it the 2 notches....ddr apparently has 2 notches on the sides and a single notch on the contacts area.

Sdram has it the otherway around...1 notch on the sides and 2 notches along the contacts

Back