• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

warm radiator

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i think that you may have improper contact with your wb and the cpu. think of it: the cpu is warmer and the water is cooler.

Well if the radiator was warm that means you weren't getting enough airflow thru it to keep it cool while if the radiator was cool then it is doing its job correctly. Most likely you didn't have the waterblock mounted as well as you do now.

is it possible that the new mobo, has the either the 478 sokect not leveled to the mobo, or the foxcon heatsink retainer not leveled to the 478 socket?

this is the only thing i can think of...

i have a mcw5000p. this one of the easiest things to mount. i also have a thin layer of as3. if i put too much on, the cpu will get stuck on the heatsink when i dismount it - like its glued on the water block. only a thin layer prevents this from happening.

Last edited:
Back