• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how much does flow actually decrease with an elbow?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yzzuf

Ive put together my new wc setup which consists of two 71 capris heatercores, eheim 1250, rbx, and dangerden maze4 gpu block. i have the 2 rads running in paralell currently but have tried one after another and i didnt affect temps so ill leave in paralle. anyways with this loop im using 3 elbow joints, well actually 2 t's conecting the 2 rads together and one t at the pump inlet. im curious if having these 3 90 degree bends is killiung my flow rates because my rbx needs all it can get. my temps are probbably about 2-3 degrees lower than with just one rad. Temps are at load ~ 9 degrees above ambient, but my ambient is frickin hot ( 30-32 degrees:( , no ac and its hot here) basically would it be worth my while to drain my system and rip it apart to get rid of the t's and make it more curvy and no 90 degree turns?

I think every 90 degree turn is equivalent to 1-2 feet a tubing. So if you pump can handle that added "tubing" then it should be fine. Your temps would most likely go down, but now by that much.

Ok, 3 with an RBX and a Maze 4 is a minor detail at best. If you had a Maze 4 CPU block, though, they'd probably do a fair bit to your flow.

Back