• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Uh oh... major problem, what is this??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DarkDraco

The past week ive been noticing that my res has been emptying fast... and today my computer reseted twice in a row. i took a look inside my computer and didnt see anything wrong except my rad. the outlet had a drop of water on it.i was wondering how this happened because i had a metal clamp on it. but anyways under my rad is a small dried up area where acouple drops of water fell and the color is green mixed with red. green is from the coloring of my water but what is the red from??? someone explain what could of happened here please.

well the water that was in the res had to go somewhere...right? Sounds like it was leaking out of your radiator and might have short circuited your motherboard or something. The red could be oxidation that would be accelerated do to eletricity running through the water. That would be my guess.

More info would be nice...

well i know where the leak is. what more info do you need?

i tightened it and it seems to no be dripping

the leaking is fixed but after about an hour of running fine thecomputer shut off again. any ideas?

Did you top off the reservior's water level again?, so no bubbles are circulating through the system? (ie. Temperatures climbing?).

If so, it's time to get a bit paranoid. Run with the case door open, and peak in every 5 minutes or so using a flashlight to spot the shiny waterdrops. Run a temp reporting program too.

Second thing to make sure of, make darned sure the area that the old leak was is in fact dried well. Use a swab with some alcohol on it to clean up any waterscale that may be conducting slightly.

Third is to make sure that the tubing isn't pushing against any cards. Slightly unseating a card can make the PC reboot, as many psu's sense short circuits. Some will require unplugging and replugging them before allowing a restart, like a Sparkle for instance.

Let us know...

both doors are open, no leaks
area of dripping is clean and dry
tubing isnt touching anything

so far its been on for about 2-3 hours and no reboots yet.

DarkDraco said:
so far its been on for about 2-3 hours and no reboots yet.

Well, that's good news. Next on my list was coincidental problems with wall power and psu voltages.

*crosses fingers*

I'm having the same problems of reboots and crashes. I checked and no leaks :confused: Unless my rad is clogged, I don't see a reason why my temps would rise and cause a reboot. 40c should'nt cause a reboot.

well theres still a problem. im running at 50-60c O_O
the reason i kept rebooting was because i set my mobo to shutoff at 60c...
any ideas why so high? this is with both side panels off!!

If your waterblock's the highest point in the system then you might have a bubble living in there. Perhaps rearranging things (and flushing) will right it.

You may have obscured a slow ongoing leak by helping it evaporate. Try running your cooling system cold - computer off, case closed - for a few hours, then look inside.

ill just wait till the end of next week. ill have to redo my whole setup then.

If high temps are causing a reboot, then a good place to start is clocking your processor back to stock to cut down on the heat. That should give you a more stable platform to work with until you drop your temps.

60 degree temperatures are definitely not the norm when watercooling, even measured by an Abit board, so there's probably something amiss in your cooling system. Make sure your system is completely bled, especially the radiator (those long and thin dual pass rads are pretty good at trapping air). You have lucite-topped waterblocks, so do a visual check for corrosion, too. That's about all I can think of now. Good luck.

how do you open the top of a maze4? theres a film in there i would like to clean out...
hmm corrosion you say? what should i do if theres corrosion in my block?

Back