• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will the dangderden DBX blocks work on this motherboard.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CandymanCan

Disabled
Sincei have no clue about how heatsinks or waterblocks are mounted on the new A64 boards i need someone to answer my question.

Will the RBX block mount on this board ?

GIGABYTE "GA-K8NS PRO" Its and A64 board. If not can u tell me what boards will? Also how do you even mount heatsinks on these board, some board i see have black brackets like this one and some i need have none.

Last edited:
there are 2 holes to mount the heatsink or waterblock. on the gigabyte mobo, there is a bracket that goes in the holes (the holes are where the white pins are)

the RBX and the TDX blocks both have mounting hardware available for athlon 64

So that black bracket i can remoove right ? When i reoomve all i do isj ust use those 2 holes like the 4 on AXP board and mount the waterblock by screwing it in ?

I assume that black bracket is thier to make it easier to mount heatsinks or something, and can be remooved by unscrewing it.

Do all the Athlon64 boards have those 2 holes ?

yes the black bracket can be removed. if its attatched anything like the p4 bracket is, the pins will have 2 parts, you have to push the inner part back through the board and then the outer part will come out when you squeeze it together (you'll see what i mean when you have it in front of you)

yup, the blocks mount with the 2 holes. you can see pictures of the blocks with the athlon64 top on dangerdens website.

the 2 holes are the standard mechanism for athlon64, so all boards will have them.

Back