• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zerex??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lilneel12

i just remembered, i was thinking about using Zerex Super coolant or protectant, (whichever one is clear) Is this one a good subsitute for anti-freeze? will it prevent corrosion, oxidation and growth???
-also, i just read that this coolant casues my tubes(clearflex 60) to become cloudy, i was wondering if i were to put visble blue uv dye, will i be able to see the cloudyness of my tubes?? and if so is there any coolant i can use that won't cause this??

thanks

Last edited:
i use zerex. works great for me so long as i change my water out every 6 mo's to a year. You only have to use a very little bit. If you use to much it will build up on the tube walls. Just about half an ounce or so. It will keep your water clean, protect your pump, and prevent corrosion for a happy long lived watercooling setup :D.

J.

lilneel12 said:
i just remembered, i was thinking about using Zerex Super coolant or protectant, (whichever one is clear) Is this one a good subsitute for anti-freeze? will it prevent corrosion, oxidation and growth???
-also, i just read that this coolant casues my tubes(clearflex 60) to become cloudy, i was wondering if i were to put visble blue uv dye, will i be able to see the cloudyness of my tubes?? and if so is there any coolant i can use that won't cause this??

thanks

I use clearflex and have also used zerex and blue dye, and you wont get rid of the cloudyness. Best bet is to use as stated above blue antifreezer.

i think i'll go with the blue anti-freeze, but im worried that this will reduce flow and higher temps

should i?

also, if zerex is known to be bad, y do so many ppl still use it??

thank

i think there is some confusion between zerex coolant and serex super protector (the clear stuff)

i think a lot more people use zerex racing coolant. the super protector sounds like it would be perfect since its clear, but the effects it has cancel out the clear part.

anything you add to your water will slightly reduce performance. only add a small amount like 5% - 15% and you will be alright.

Back