• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD64 DTR + Waterblock?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ishakir

Heya guys,

I'm looking to get an AMD Athlon 3200+ DTR processor for my upcoming rig which I also plan on watercooling. As some of you may know, the DTR line lacks a heatspreader and thus the contact point for the core to the block is a bit lower. My question is, has anyone actually tried mounting a block to this particular CPU, and if so, were there any extra modifications required?

FYI, the DTR chips OC quite a bit better than the normal line of A64s and that's the reason behind me going through the extra trouble.

Thanks much,
-Ish- :thup:

I'm not sure if their better, but what I do know is that they're better than the regular desktop processors. I don't think any one on the forums has messed around with the true mobiles yet so I do not know for sure.

What I do know is Guatam used a heatsink that was adjustable via springs. Do any waterblocks / mounting devices have the same mechanism so that I can adjust the height that it'll contact the processor with? The waterblock of choice as of now is the D-tek WW.

Thanks,
-Ish-

Back