• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

so many posibilities!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DarkDraco

me and my new oc buddy, mateo88, were discussing my new WC parts and thought since ill have 2 pumps, why not have 2 loops. here are the parts im working with:

Danner Mag3
Hydor L20
BIM2 radiator
89 Caprice core
maze4 cpu block
maze4 gpu block
dtek bay res

i was thinking have the hydor, bim, on the gpu and the caprice, mag, on the cpu. then have a Y splitter for the pumps and res. but mateo88 suggests i put the mag3 and cpu in 1 loop for maximum flow rate.

so i decided to post this up. diagrams and other info will be very helpful thanks.

yes, the CPU block will see a better flow

however, the restriction of a caprice is insignifigant compared to a CPU block

the maze4 does not respond well to higher flowrates anyway

like I said in the other thread, caprice + mag +cpu in one loop, everything else in another

lol, I forgot he had a maze4. I guess the setup would be more suited to something like a WW or something that needs high flow. The water temperature will be the same either way it's set up.

heres thhe setup i was thinking of

Attachments

• loop.GIF
    loop.GIF
    2 KB · Views: 241
well i already have all the items on the list and i wont be changing them...
only thing i dont have is the mag3 and HC which im ordering now

since noone is helping me with a loop, i guess ill just go res>pump> cpu>gpu>rad>rad>res

greenman100 said:
yes, the CPU block will see a better flow

however, the restriction of a caprice is insignifigant compared to a CPU block

the maze4 does not respond well to higher flowrates anyway

like I said in the other thread, caprice + mag +cpu in one loop, everything else in another

actually the maze4 is so unrestrictive (3.3" H2O at 1gpm) that the caprice is almost certainly more restrictive.....
http://www.overclockers.com/articles889/
also the maze4 responds really well to flow.....
http://www.procooling.com/reviews/html/dangerden_maze_4_review_-_4_11.php

the problem with a hydor>gpu>rad>rad> loop would be that the rads flow would be a bit on the low side...

i reckon greenman100's loop suggestion is spot on... or i'd be tempted to try 2 completely separate loops ....

how many barbs are on your bayres BTW?

greenman100 said:
bad idea, your CPU block will see unbalanced flow.

unbalanced how? as in (CPU gets) more flow than the GPU? how/why would that be bad?

DarkDraco, have you checked out my 2loop theory?
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=277159&highlight=loop

i cant say (for sure) its better than a "normal" loop, but i can say its NOT worse...;) (the test i did with 1 pump had a 1/2" T which probly killed flow quite a bit...most of the tube is 5/8" and 3/4"...)

all i can say is, give it a try!

GOOD LUCK

Paul: only 2 barbs, i cant put 2 more on cuz i might mess something up. im not used to drilling plastic.
and whats greenmans loop suggestion? i dont se one

DarkDraco said:
Paul: only 2 barbs, i cant put 2 more on cuz i might mess something up. im not used to drilling plastic.
and whats greenmans loop suggestion? i dont se one
"caprice + mag +cpu in one loop, everything else in another"

if there's only 2 then you'd need Ys to make 2 loops, which makes it all more awkward... might be better with:
loop1 mag3>caprice>maze4>res>mag3 and
loop2 L20>BIM>gpu>Tee>L20
i.e. 2 separate loops

i dont like t lines, reason why i dont have one now... cant i just use the Y adapters?

greenman100 said:
bad idea, your CPU block will see unbalanced flow.

Can you explain this?

I see one loop coming from the res->pump->hc->block back to the res and another loop comign from the same res->pump->bix->block and back.

How would that unbalance the flow?

Froz said:
Can you explain this?

I see one loop coming from the res->pump->hc->block back to the res and another loop comign from the same res->pump->bix->block and back.

How would that unbalance the flow?

I hope you have the same flow in both loops, or you could see problems at teh Y, but I guess it is fairly insignifigant

dunno why you refuse to use t lines

bayreses crack

gl

Last edited:
Back