• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So close to completion, time to tweak

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Myhre

Well I finally got my WC system set up. Running a leak test on it now, the safest hassle free way I know how. Running two comps side by side, letting the other comp feed power to the pump so that no juice is flowing through the WC mobo. Is there a way to run a powersupply without having it hooked into the mobo? Just curious. Well I've noticed these little white things rolling around in the system...just 1 or 2 here and there, not many at all, probably about 5 altogether, and I got about 3 out already. I just wonder what they are, because I flushed each individual component pretty well before installing the system. Kinda weird...they almost look like little balls of calcium. Well, I hope everything goes well, my Res was the last piece I needed to get my system self contained(was running a Tline on the outside of the case up until today). I havn't even gotten to mess around with all my new hardware yet, and I still have to make a lexan cover for my HDD tray so that if my res leaks it won't burn my two raptors and my other two drives down there....paranoia keeps money in my pocket. Well if you guys have any comments or just want any info on my system feel free. I'm going to try and get a couple picks up of it tonight when I actually get everything installed and my final bought of Hydrx+Distilled water into the system. I'm a happy camper at the moment :santa:

as far as running a power supply without the motherboard, there are little switches that you attach that'll turn on the psu without powering the mb. Repair people use them.

teamgreen said:
as far as running a power supply without the motherboard, there are little switches that you attach that'll turn on the psu without powering the mb. Repair people use them.
or you can just short the green wire on the ATX MB connector to any of the black wires (ground) and itll run

Back