• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally took some pics.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spanko

http://spanko.shackspace.com/mysexycomputer.jpg

I run my 2.6c @ 3.25 1000, using a 5:4 ratio on my ram. Voltage is 1.65 set in bios. Full load temps are around 36.5C. I have the one fan running half speed? Pushing air into the radiator.

Flow is eheim 1250-> Dtek ProCore-> Cascade-> T-> Eheim. Im not really happy with the setup to be honest. Its kinda loud, and a total pain in the butt to do anything in the case, even moving cables, much less taking out the videocard or anything else in that area. The case is your standard pc70, 2 front 80mm, 2 rear, then the 1 120 at the top. The sounds of the fans is a little too loud for me, then theres the raptor =/. Im thinking about redoing the whole setup with one of the new dtek jr pro cores, 2 120mm fans and 2 shrouds, with both fans running really low. And i wanna swap out the eheim 1250 for something smaller, like a MCP600 or the Cool Technica version with the modified inlet/outlet so i can keep using my T res. I also need to get a dremel, anyone wanna reccomend me a good one? Anyway any ideas/critiques on how to improve would be greatly appreciated! :D

And also i havent really tried to OC more yet, so i dont know if i can higher then 3.2.

Well actually, i didnt do it very technical. I used distilled water, and a little bit of Zerex Anti freeze. Like maybe 1/4 of a glass of zerex? I dont think its all that important because the setup is all copper/brass.

you might get even better temps if you use water wetter which makes water conduct heat more and also prevents corrosion

Just get the corded dremel multi-pro w/ flex shaft and as many other accessories as possible. It's cheaper to buy them as a package then individually. I bought my dremel (w/o flexshaft) for $50 at walmart. A month later I bought the flexshaft for $30 (only would've cost an extra ten if I bought it with the dremel) and I love it. The flexshaft and dremel are both worth their weight in gold.

Your system looks pretty nice, althought I do think you're crippling the cascade with that ehiem and small core... You really need atleast a 2x120mm single pass HC and a MCP600 or better pressure rated pump. *thinks Iwaki*

wow that looks almost exactly like my lian, except i do'nt have a floppy drive and my watercooling is external, my drives are stealthed and i have a nexus up top

what makes teh mcp600 so great? Im baffled why everyone raves about it. If it can only pump out 600 L/H that a really slow flowrate. I have heard it has a high head, but i would think a 1250 with more then twice the flowrate would perform better then a mcp600. Someone explain what makes the mcp600 so great...I want to know.

The mcp600 is great because:

1)it's head rating (due to a closed impellor design). The extra head (psi it can produce) allows it to flow more water through very restrictive blocks. i.e. WW, RBX, Cascade, TDX, P2, etc | Remember, more flow = cooler CPU

2)It's quiet

3)It's small

4)It's reliable (it was designed by an ex-iwaki enginear)

5)It runs off your computer PSU. That means no relay if you turn your computer off a lot.

6)Low heat output. The mcp600 only cosumes 9w of heat vs my L30's 23w.. and the L30 has a lower head rating.

BTW, the ehiem 1250 is IMO not exactly the best choice for WC'ing. Here's why.

1) It's a circulation pump. It's simply designed to transport water from point A to point B with minimal restriction. With WC'ing we want a pressure pump such as the Iwaki "Z" series, the mcp600, or the Laing D4. Look at #1 for the MCP600...

2)It's large

3)It runs on 110v AC, so many people will need a relay...

4, but related to 1 & 2)It has less head than my L30... and it's much larger. My L30's dead silent too...

5)It's expensive, especially compared to a mag3 or L35...

6)It dumps a ton more heat into the system then the MCP600 does, which further increases your temps.

Back