• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Power plug on Iwaki or Blueline pumps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

quicksilverXP

Help me find a part...

I was wondering, I want to rid of my MCP600 and get an Iwaki or BLueline pump but was wondering how you power it. I am aware you have to connect a three-pronged plug, but I've never seen one before. Where would you buyt it,like at Radioshack? And how do you attach it? Can it be easily spliced into a relay?

Last edited:
i'm sure the Iwaki's COME with a power plug....its a rather essential componant...

And yes, you can hook them into a relay switch, though you shouldn't really, as Iwaki's are meant to run 24/7.

BlueMan said:
i'm sure the Iwaki's COME with a power plug....its a rather essential componant...

don't know whether that's true - mine came with bare wires... (they were 220V models though)

if it's to go in the case then you'll have to wire it into a plug anyway (unless you're going to cut a plug-size hole you'd have to remove a plug to get the wire out through a pci slot or whatever...)

quicksilverXP does this mean you're giving up on thoughts of 3/8"?

Actually most of the Iwakis I have seen come with bare wires... Just use a relay, no end needed :D

My Iwaki came with spade connectors.
I just got a three prong plug from an electronics store, unscrewed the front and connected the wires. I had to remove the screws inside of the plug and slide the wires over the ends.

Well, I've just been informed of the heat that the Iwaki generates into the case, but not into the water, and I am straying away from that solution considering my case temps arealready high due to the weather in southern CA. From what I've been researching, it seems the Eheim 1048s are pretty quiet, and that was the whole premise for me to switch to an Iwaki (for less noise). The MCP600 is pretty quiet, but my friend has a 1048, and that thing is pure silent. Considering the performance of the new MCW6000 (on the graph it appears at low flow rates it outdoes my current TDX, even with an MCP600, though its Nozzle #1. Anyways. here is my setup.

4.jpg

6.jpg

How would a 1048 suffice in this setup with a double heatercore, an MCW6000, a GPU block in the future, this homemade reservoir, and an Eheim1048. I plan to use 3/8 inch tubing (Tygon R3603)on all connections but on the inlet tubing from the reservoir to the Eheim 1048 I want to use 1/2 inch Tygon Tubing. I just like the overall look of 3/8inch as well as the silence of the 1048. My CPU is limited to only 220 FSB, so I don't even overclock that well and am planning to get a 3700 and an MSI K8N Neo Platinum. The double heatercore is a double pass that I bought from WA2 on amdmb forums. Ive seen setups done before in a Lian-Li PC75 (Fallguy had one) where it seemed fine having a 1048 in such a big case and he even had a hard drive cooler and was able to overclock his P4 to almost 3.8 gigs. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
teamgreen said:
My Iwaki came with spade connectors.
I just got a three prong plug from an electronics store, unscrewed the front and connected the wires. I had to remove the screws inside of the plug and slide the wires over the ends.

My iwaki came the same way.

These 1600x1200 snapshots must be brutal on dialup :eek: And yeah, it can get hot. The metal casing on my iwaki runs 60c~.

Soja said:
My iwaki came the same way.

These 1600x1200 snapshots must be brutal on dialup :eek: And yeah, it can get hot. The metal casing on my iwaki runs 60c~.

they do awful things to the display in netscape for some reason - had to jump to IE to be able to read the post

:confused:

Is it smaller now? I kinda of shrunk the picture down. So can anyone answer my question (from the pics post)?

Planning to mod a reservoir (Coolplex reservoir)

I want to mod a reservoir that has an existing 1/4" BSPT threaded hole to accomodate 1/2 tubing so that the inlet of my 1048 is not that restricted. So far, the inlet and outlet holes of the reservoir are so close together so the most I can mod the hole is to 3/8inch NPT. Here is a pic of how close the holes are:

coolplex25.jpg

But, the res also needs to be in a position where the outlet needs to be perpendicular to the reservoir, thus, I'd need a 90 degree elbow before the inlet of the Eheim. We all know how bad 90 degree elbows are for inlets on pumps. So I figured I would mod it. Here's the deal:

I would need to get this:
154688.299x299.jpeg

It is a 1/2 inch x 3/8inch NPT copper male adapter

and then get this for the elbow:
158036.400x237.jpeg

So now the elbow isn't restrictive at all and nicely curved and ready for a 1/2inch ID tubing to the inlet of the pump. My problem is that I can't find the 1/2inch x3/8inch male adapter at Mcmaster. I have to get the 37/64" drill (for the 3/8 NPT tap) from MCmaster for 14 dollars already, but this place charges 8 dollars for shipping, so I want to get it all at one place. Can someone help me out?

Back