• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Has nVentiv gone under????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tomsawyer

Rumor mill is a flying, the main web site appears to be only showing main page with no further information.

Anyone else heard that they are toast?

Damn! If this is true I hope my mach 1 holds up for at least 10 more years seeing how the warrenty is now at stake :eek:

those of us over at true extreme just got this post:

Yep, just read this email to one of Nventivs resellers.Dear resellers

It is with a great deal of sadness I have to report that I have been let go
from nVENTIV today. Also it has come to knowledge that the company today has
filed for bankrupcy.

On the personal side I would like to thank you all for the time we have been
doing business together.

Med venlig hilsen / Best regards
Klavs Steenhof
International Sales Manager
nVENTIV A/S
E-mail: [email protected]
Phone: +45 72 40 15 29

No kidding. So do you think we'll see some liquidation sale prices? Wonder how this warrenty thing is gunna work out now?

sad, sad, sad!
i just bought my bowman modded prommy from thedude at er.com should be a collectors item soon :)

to bad as nventiv was blowing astec outa the water imo in quaility and performance.
some peeps with phase change building knowledge will be making a killing building custom rigs now im sure.

yep

if you have a machII or machII GT hang onto it, they are going to be quite the rage soon, gt proably is going to become a collectors item

asetek must be chortling as they realize they can now jack the prices and there will be no one to keep them in check :temper:

bowman is still doing the review on the LS versus GT

Tomsawyer said:
yep

if you have a machII or machII GT hang onto it, they are going to be quite the rage soon, gt proably is going to become a collectors item

asetek must be chortling as they realize they can now jack the prices and there will be no one to keep them in check :temper:

bowman is still doing the review on the LS versus GT
i have a mach1 btw
but id put it up against a machII or GT after bowman redid it. its working that good!

if someone is thinking of phase change and holding off you better buy now or have a hard time finding a decent unit at a good price.

Ok heres the latest scoop. Kit-tronics, one of the resellers in canda just jacked the prices on the nventiv equipment by a vast amount. Nearly 200 bucks more for the mach 1's, the cpu kits are also around 130 bucks.

Crazypc is still selling the amd 64 kits for 60 bucks so I went ahead and got one just to be future proof. My current xp rig is fine untill the 939's come down where mere mortals can afford them but I just wanted to cover my bets.

Not sure if nventiv is going bankrupt or they are going to restructure but those of us at extreme have a burning thread going on this. If they do go totaly under asetek will have zero compention except for the do it yourselfers which i fear means stagnation and price jacking.

Good points Tom. While a bankruptcy is never good, it can if managed correctly be beneficial to a company if they get the right people in there. And no, prices will be going down. Just the opposite. The re-sellers are using this as a way to shag the buyers out there.....

Well, I am fine with my Mach I, but it is too bad we might potentially be losing the top phase-change maker.

im really glad i got my mach one when i did for 450.00, great price for a great product. kit-tronics has 4 left, i wont ever buy from them again though, i hate companies that feel gouging is a good practice.
http://www.townhall.com/columnists/walterwilliams/ww20040324.shtml
The Virginia Senate just passed the Virginia Post-Disaster Anti-Price Gouging Act of 2004, which now awaits Gov. Mark Warner's signature. In part, the act says, "During any time of disaster, it shall be unlawful for any supplier to sell, lease, or license, or to offer to sell, lease, or license, any necessary goods and services at an unconscionable price within the area for which the state of emergency is declared. Actual sales at the increased price shall not be required for the increase to be considered unconscionable."

Is it really price gouging by kit tronics ??

I mean they are selling Mach1 and mach2 units and if they sell you a bad one you will RMA it for refund or replacment, they now however have no place to return to get back there money. If every unit they sell is good and works great then they made a profit, if they get 2 or 3 returns on there remaining stock they could be out a few alot of $$$

well, i may be nut...but after reading this, i just put myself in more debt than i already am...yep, i just hit the "buy" button on:

Items: PRO-MACHII nVENTIV Mach II Black Vapor Cooler w/ Tower
nVENTIV CPU Kit PRO-AMDKIT,1,AMD CPU EasyMod Kit add 0.00
nVENTIV LCD Display PRO-LEDB,1,Blue Temperature LCD Display add 0.00
1 $1129.99 $1129.99

PRO-A64KIT Athlon 64/FX CPU EasyMod Kit 1 $87.99 $87.99 (for future upgrades)

100410-2 nVENTIV 2X Seal String 1 $34.99 $34.99 (for future upgrades)

------------------------------------------------------------
Total: 1252.97
Tax: 0.00
Shipping: 53.03
Invoice Total: 1306.00

please check out the classifieds for (most) of my water cooling/TEC parts (in a few weeks) or this thing (if i decide i was TOO nuts)

EDIT: I! might have to file for bankrupcy after this :eh?: (but ill file it @ 3+GHz (i hope) :attn: )

Last edited:
jabtek said:
Is it really price gouging by kit tronics ??

I mean they are selling Mach1 and mach2 units and if they sell you a bad one you will RMA it for refund or replacment, they now however have no place to return to get back there money. If every unit they sell is good and works great then they made a profit, if they get 2 or 3 returns on there remaining stock they could be out a few alot of $$$
thats very true, and i know the link is totally not related to this but their policy is very much up to them if they warranty it or not
kit-tronics said:
II. Warranty. The products sold by Kit-Tronics are not manufactured by Kit-Tronics. All products are covered by the manufacturer's warranty direct from the manufacturer. Kit-Tronics may (at our option) assist in offering warranty repair.
if the extra money they are charging is for the fact that they are taking on the warranty then thats fair. i dont see anything that has changed except the price though.
in their favor i do know of a mach 1 that had been damaged in shipping and they replaced it even though it was damaged shipping to the second buyer of it. he sent it to them because it was still under warranty but they discovered a ruptered tube from damage. so that did speak pretty well for them.
i would prefer the 450.00 price with no warranty really.
there are people on the forums that can repair, regas them pretty cheap.
on the bright side though i could probably sell my mach 1 for 500 bucks now even though i only paid 450. lol

Joe Camel said:
well, i may be nut...but after reading this, i just put myself in more debt than i already am...yep, i just hit the "buy" button on:

Items: PRO-MACHII nVENTIV Mach II Black Vapor Cooler w/ Tower
nVENTIV CPU Kit PRO-AMDKIT,1,AMD CPU EasyMod Kit add 0.00
nVENTIV LCD Display PRO-LEDB,1,Blue Temperature LCD Display add 0.00
1 $1129.99 $1129.99

PRO-A64KIT Athlon 64/FX CPU EasyMod Kit 1 $87.99 $87.99 (for future upgrades)

100410-2 nVENTIV 2X Seal String 1 $34.99 $34.99 (for future upgrades)

------------------------------------------------------------
Total: 1252.97
Tax: 0.00
Shipping: 53.03
Invoice Total: 1306.00

please check out the classifieds for (most) of my water cooling/TEC parts (in a few weeks) or this thing (if i decide i was TOO nuts)

EDIT: I! might have to file for bankrupcy after this :eh?: (but ill file it @ 3+GHz (i hope) :attn: )
oh you wont regret a sigle penny of it,especially when you see -40c on the cpu. :D
i bought my modded prommy the day before yesterday probley 12 hours prior to this news.had it came out earlier no doubt i would have to paid $200 extra or more.
you will just love the simplicity about it all tho.i dont miss my water chiller days at all.

deathstar13 said:
oh you wont regret a sigle penny of it,especially when you see -40c on the cpu. :D
i bought my modded prommy the day before yesterday probley 12 hours prior to this news.had it came out earlier no doubt i would have to paid $200 extra or more.
you will just love the simplicity about it all tho.i dont miss my water chiller days at all.

ahhh that makes me feel a little better, i was hoping i wasnt going to wake up to the BAD feeling of "buyers remorse" ;) (backed up with a few "your a fool" posts here)

Do i get a spare or not, take the risk of a bogus unit, uhm, out of the 3 units I have, one that was DOA,took 7 weeks to get it fixed overseas :mad: , should of took the loss, one was dented but worked and the other was asetek ls, its is ok, a little weak in my mind, but I aint a bencher.

What excuse can I use this week..... :D

Back