• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

looking for Good water cooling setup for less than 200?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nickenbocker

Registered
Is there a good watercooling setup that has the cpu block, video block, and northbridge block? with pump and that actually works good??

a DIY is nice. you save money and you have fun. if not jus buy the aquarius 3 from thermatake around 230 if you can afford 30 bux more. or you can make one for much less and more efficient

I don't know of any kits that have a NB block included, and ones with GPU blocks tend to carry a premium. Check out the custom kits from Dangerden or Cooltechnica, or take a look at Swiftech's 8600 kit.

And heres a general DIY:

MCW6002 45$ max if you have Athlon64 or Xeon
MCP600 79$
Fedco 2-342 30$
DIY fill and bleed (3 1/2" barbed in-line shut-off valves and two 1/2" barbed tees) 7.50$
10' 3/4" OD 1/2" ID tubing max 20$ at homedepot

thats 181.50$ there.

You could opt for tygon tubing instead of the stiff stuff from HD if you are working in a tight area. Or you could get a NB or GPU block to put in series.

The WB, Pump, fill & Bleed kit will probably need shipping unless you can find a local place that sells them cheap (I know I cant).

Dont think anyone but swifty sells the mcw6002 so you'd have to get it from there.
MCP600 can be had from frozencpu.com for that price but not with shipping.
I quoted the prices on those valves and tee fittings from drip irrigation made easy. They are all oversized too. Pretty much 5/8 fittings not 1/2" even though they are labeled such so very little restriction.
I forgot exactly how much HD charges for that tubing, know its under 20$ and I think its in 10' lengths. Unless you have a huge case you shouldnt need any more.
With shipping would probably very close to an even 200$ as long as you arent in alaska.

sweet i think i may do it myself....thanks for the tips:p.....i have a P4 so are all the the blocks the same for the processors? and is there a goodone to get? bc my friend had a cpu block and it got clogged somehow....is there one with like a seethrough window or something?

If you're worried about corrosion or algae growth and want to be able to visually check your block, then I'd go with a poly-topped TDX. I've heard of plenty of stories of poly tops cracking when the barb gets overtightened, though. Given the choice, I'd rather have an all-metal block, just for the durability. Corrosion or clogging shouldn't be a problem in your system, anyway, as long as you use distilled water and antifreeze or some other corrosion inhibitor, and don't have any bare (non-anodized) aluminum in your cooling loop.

Back