• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Separate Box

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nocturnx

Registered
I noticed several OC'rs are using a separate box for their rad, pump, rez, and fans. What are you using for the box? Ive been searching for a small metal box preferably black but I could paint it and havent had any luck.

I was thinking maybe a shuttle pc case would work, but they are expensive.

nocturnx said:
I noticed several OC'rs are using a separate box for their rad, pump, rez, and fans. What are you using for the box? Ive been searching for a small metal box preferably black but I could paint it and havent had any luck.

I was thinking maybe a shuttle pc case would work, but they are expensive.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3669&item=3482158201&rd=1

Doesnt come with a front but its pretty cheap.

Even better if you are in the UK:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3669&item=3483639161&rd=1

Id take the first and make a front. Probably get some 1/4" thick plexiglass and paint the back black. You could leave certain parts completely seethrough for something like a temp monitor etc.

Thanks for the suggestion james, I am thinking of ways to mod that.

I also found a regular black mid-tower pc case for free, just $10 for shipping. Its larger than I'd like though. Im looking into ways of posibly cutting this down.

nocturnx said:
Thanks for the suggestion james, I am thinking of ways to mod that.

I also found a regular black mid-tower pc case for free, just $10 for shipping. Its larger than I'd like though. Im looking into ways of posibly cutting this down.

NP

I think making an external H2O box out of a shuttle case is a tight idea. Just gut out as much as you can and fit the biggest heatercore you can somewhere in it. Id think that would be the top of the case but that might take up too much room. Having the entire front be a HC then have a 120mm suck air through it would probably be best. That way you could fit the pump and maybe a little resevoir to trap air etc.

Make sure to post pics :D

Back