• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

D-Tek 120 good enough?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hemidude

I can fit a 120mm rad in the top of mt case. I will be using 2 120mm enermax fans(push\pull) Will this be good enough for the cpu, gpu, and N.B. all overclocked or should I try to fit a dual 120 rad in my case? Thanks.

depends on what kind of case u have, lol
usually u can sacrifice a bay or two and fit a whole rad setup

I could fit a double 120mm rad in there but would rather not. Will one J-Tek 120 be enough cooling?

well...uhm, lol, i dont know how much help this will be... but I have a D-Tek ProCore and am seriously considering getting a second radiator... I've recently adopted a theory where too much is never enough... my recommendation is...do whatever you can do best! if all u can handle is a single 120---so be it, but I'm like, thinkin of getting a dual 120 and mounting it on the top outside of my case :cool: Also, look at it this way, get the single 120---see what your temps are...and if worst comes to worst, you can always get a second radiator :p (though, yes, the more radiator you pump through, the lower your flow rate will get)

Flow rate, Hmm. Another twist in the plot! My head is gonna explode from all the reading about this. Thanks.

dreammmatt said:
well...uhm, lol, i dont know how much help this will be... but I have a D-Tek ProCore and am seriously considering getting a second radiator... I've recently adopted a theory where too much is never enough... my recommendation is...do whatever you can do best! if all u can handle is a single 120---so be it, but I'm like, thinkin of getting a dual 120 and mounting it on the top outside of my case :cool: Also, look at it this way, get the single 120---see what your temps are...and if worst comes to worst, you can always get a second radiator :p (though, yes, the more radiator you pump through, the lower your flow rate will get)
Same here. While I get fine temps with my single pro-core, I like to keep the fans turned down (=40c) or even off (off=70c :eek: ) so more surface area would really help. Believe me, when you get WC'ing, you'll be like "wow", but will slowly become annoyed with how noisy your computer is, then go on a crazy "Noise killing spree" which will prob include using 1/2" MDF to absorb noise in your system, buying more rads, and WC'ing everything that must be actively cooled, including your HDDs which are now insulated with 1/2" MDF... Once again you will be like "wow", then start complaining about how loud your monitor is :p

lol. I would just start of with the dual 120 right away. I mean even if the single is sufficient, the dual is better! Those extra degrees cooler could give you higher o/c too!

the '86 chevette will perform better than the jr120.

the old dtek pro core, which was a bit larger was exactly that, an '86 chevette core.

since most watercooling cores are just car heatercores, the performance will be pretty much identical.

Actually, in many cases the heater cores will out perform the "storboughts" thanks to the fact you buy them in larger sizes and in single pass configurations.

Back