• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooling? Is it worth it ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kaso

I've always wanted to get a watercooling setup, but i could never really justify the cost to myself. I mean a £200 replacement for a £30 cooler ?

But of resent times i've got a job and started spending 200-300 a month on PC things, and i've run out of things to upgrade so water is my next step.

I've got a 2500-M and this thing's a bit of a voltage eater, its needing 1.84 to get it too 2.4. I've heard people getting 2.7 with water. Mayby i could get 2.6.

I've been looking at the Zalman RESERATOR1, because it quiet, which is something i am liking but does it give good performance? and is the waterblock it comes with any good, or would it be worth getting a maze4?

And finially, is it all worth the £190 it'll cost me?

If you're pushing 1.85V to get to 2.4, that's already pushing the limits of your chip then. You'll need a good 2V to get 2.6.

Water cooling might be able to help if it's significantly better. What is your current heatsink fan combo? Do you really want to spend $2-300 to get another 200MHz?

People normally watercool to decrease noise levels and to squeeze the last drop of speed out of their chips. If both of those appeal to you then H2O is a potential path.

with the Zalman RESERATOR1 you wont see and temp drops if you have allready good air cooling and a very good heatsink!
I just installed my wc and my temps are the same!!!! but I cool both my cpu and gpu.
and dam its so much quieter.
if you want great temps you need double rads so 2x 120mm and good fans.

Noise is a big concern for me, thats why my current Heatsink has a fairly slow fan
Its a SLK-947U with a 32CFM Fan on it. Not really a optimal solution my Load Temp is around 53.
Thing is, my Graphics card fan is the noisest Fan in the PC, making more noise that the entire PC, i want this quiet but still i want to be able to OC my 9800np a fair bit.

if u want quiet, just get a dual radiator (or triple) and put 4 large fan fans (bothsides) but at a very low voltage. it will be very quiet, preform great, but will take up a little room. At the end, it'll be worth it though.

Back