• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cheapeast and smallest cpu water cooling setup?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Viper2004

If someone could give me an idea of how much it would cost to just cool a socket a cpu without having to spend too much and taking up the whole entire case..maybe a kit or just parts picked out

I believe the Thermaltake Aquarius II is only like $99.99 online. It only cools about as well as an average air setup (from what I hear atleast), so it probably won't get you any great OC'ing. It is incredibly small though.

i was thinking about something that only stays in the case, just being able to get a 5 degree decrease from it would be nice and it would be less noisy :p

edit: it would also be a nice experience for a n00b like me :D

yeah, i was thinking about that one but i dont know if it has any good quality for that cheap..anyone know?

that globalwin one will not perform well. but if your just going for low noise then go for it i guess. If you want a good cheap system get this:

dtek spir@l or dtek tc-4: $25
Heatercore: $20
L30 pump: <$20
tubing: $10

Last edited:
here is what i would suggest, but it probably isnt the cheapest.
I woudl suggest a swiftech kit, 3/8"ID tubing, itll still be kinda big. either that or one of the top ranking german kits with 1/4" tubing. I dont know anything about performance other than what is at watercoolplanet.de

Jon

Raider84 said:
that globalwin one will not perform well. but if your just going for low noise then go for it i guess. If you want a good cheap system get this:

dtek spir@l or dtek tc-4: $25
Heatercore: $20
L30 pump: <$20
tubing: $10

Where ccan you buy a L30 pump for less than $20?

I got my 10' of vinyl tubing (very nice by the way) at OSH (hardware store) for $4.90 in total. Not bad at all.

Fyberwire said:
I got my 10' of vinyl tubing (very nice by the way) at OSH (hardware store) for $4.90 in total. Not bad at all.

You could've got clearflex for only $1.60 more from mcmaster.com

Yeah, where is this Hydor L30 for less than $20? Dumpster behind a pet store? THe only pump I know of that is under 20 dollars is the VA1300, and that's a POS.

The Aquarius II cools far worse than an average aircooling setup.

vibecomputers.com is selling Maze 4's for ~$18 USD, the Mag 3 is a great pump, and a heater core is damned cheap.

AngryAlpaca said:
Yeah, where is this Hydor L30 for less than $20? Dumpster behind a pet store? THe only pump I know of that is under 20 dollars is the VA1300, and that's a POS.

Hey! The Via's not so bad.
/me turns to his 1300 and pets it
It's ok baby, he dosent mean it.
:p

You can get the Via1300's for around 20-25 shipped from Drs Foster & Smith's Website. I found a coupon code online and bought it onsale and it was $12 to my front door. So you can get it on the cheap if you dig.

I've heard horror stories as well as good things about the pump. Mine's been good to me for the 6 mo's I've had it. As with all things, YMMV.

i'm in the same boat, its looking like $100 min for WC, $150 will do you good.

i'm looking at the VIA 1300, i see nothing wrong with it. any honest trusted review gives it a good score, and i'm told its quiet...thats probly what i'll get.

quiet? maybe with an 1" of padding..
its not noisy, but its not quiet.
still a good pump though. comes with a nice ceramic impeller, just don't mess with the insides

Back