• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My (soon to be) Custom Watercooled Rig (PICS!!)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GoffyDude

Registered
Here's my first try at a watercooled computer.

DangerDen Double Heatercore w/ dual shrouds
Chenming 901AD Silver Full Tower Case
D-Tek Whitewater (O Cascade, where art thou?)
Mag-Drive 3 pump submerged in
Homebuilt reservoir (tupperware or PVC)
Clearflex 60 tubing
4 delta 120mm 70CFM fans on a fan controller

I've taken a somewhat unconventional approach to the construction/destruction of my case. Let me know what you guys think!!
Here's what I've done so far:

Picture 1
All of the parts sitting around. Note the removable rear backplate and lower hard drive tray.

Picture 2
Front of the case after removing lower hard drive tray

Picture 3
Back of the case after drilling mounting holes/Dremel'ing fan shape

Picture 4
Shroud in place (not permanently fixed)

Picture 5
Method to the madness. Note the placement of power supply in bottom/front of case. Reservoir will be in front/upper portion of case.

Power supply fans are both reversed...the bottom facing PSU fan will be blowing air out the front of the case.

Last edited:
They should work! Try switching to PASV mode.

Also: Forgot to mention that the PSU fans are reversed. The bottom facing PSU fan will be blowing air out the front of the case.

omg that is one gangsta case! nice idea with the psu down there for room with the rad. why did you choose to mount it there instead of the top of the case?

daniel_dynasty said:
omg that is one gangsta case! nice idea with the psu down there for room with the rad. why did you choose to mount it there instead of the top of the case?

I decided against a top mount because

1. It spares me the pain of having to cut the top of the case. That hole in the back of the case was already there from the power supply double backplate (large and then small)

2. If I mounted it on top, I'd have to mount the PSU differently (was meant to be mounted vertically like this Stock Backplate
which would severely limit my use of optical drives. The reservoir would take up most of the space there.
3. exhausting out the back will be quieter because the air will be blown back instead of up towards my ears.

Back