• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case temperature issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CaelStar1

Registered
At 100% (go SETI!) load, my MB temp was reporting 35*C on Asus Probe, with 52*C on the processor. I took the side cover off and put a big floor fan on it, and the MB temp dropped to 21*C (a 14* drop!) and the proc dropped to 46*.

I'm in the process of switching to a WC setup, that will help the processor temps, but what about the high MB temp reading with the case closed? I have 2 80mm fans blowing in, with 2 PSU fans blowing out. Since the drop is so huge I have to blame poor ventilation for the increased temperature. How do I lower the case temps without having to add more fans? That takes away some of the benefit of moving to watercooling, in my situation.

the only way without adding more fans would be to clean up your case a bit, hide the wires behind the mobo tray and improve the airflow a bit
also try adding one of the two fans you have as a rear exhaust at the back and one as a front intake, see if you notice any difference there

Back