• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU - Peltier - Water Block ?????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aaroncat

Ok I think I have kinda got the idea behind using a Peltier with my water cooling, although I have mixed feedback on whether it will work or not with Tt Aquarius2 system.

Questions:

1.Do you just use regular thermal compound like Arctic Silver between CPU and cold side of peltier?

2. What about between hot side and waterblock?

3. What is a cold plate??? Should I use this between any of the surfaces?

4. Insulating???? Have I got this right?? neoprene on the back of mobo with dielectric grease on the square under the socket. dielectric grease in all the pins of the socket and in the middle of the socket with a piece of neoprene in the middle. Now I'm not sure if I have to insulate the water block as well, but once it all goes on I use dielectric grease all around the socket??? SHould I also apply it around the side where the waterblock touches the peltier and the peltier touches the CPU??

Back