• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Proposed Setup, Need Expert Opinions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Moony349

Okay, I've done quite a bit of research, so critique my proposed external setup:

Resevoir: DD 5 1/4th Bay Res 30 DD.com
Pump: Blueline 20HD with 3/4'' FT x 5/8'' 110 Aquadirect.com
Radiator: ThermoChill He120.3 120 DD.com
CPU Block: DangerDen TDX Copper 50 DD.com
GPU Block: DangerDen Maze4 GPU 50 DD.com
Tubing: 15 ft 1/2'' ID Tygon 45 DD.com
Fans: 3 120mm M1A Panaflow 50 Directron.com

The radiator is going to be mounted next to the pump horizontally in a dragon case with 3 120mm holes cut out for the fans pulling. I'll run the tubing to the main case, which will be a Lian-Li V1000. Any opinions?

um if your putting it in the bottom of the lian v1000, are you sure its going to fit. i measured it out, and it will BARELY fit a caprice (2x120) with a pump. if the pump wasn't going to block fans, the psu would have to be moved to a drive bay.

1) it sounds like he's going to use an external box to hold his pump/rad/fans

2) i'm not familiar with that pump, but the rest of the setup looks good. incidentally, if that's not a 12V pump, you might want to buy a pump relay switch kit so the pump turns on when you turn on your computer (just as a convenience measure). or you could build one yourself, you can find instructions for em somewhere

Yes, I'm putting the watercooling components into an external box. The BlueLine pump is a redesigned Iwaki, basically the equivalent of the MD20RLT. Any other opinions or ideas on improving the setup? A relay might be nice if the pump is too loud for me to sleep with on. Is 15 feet of tubing enough? My cases will probably be right next to eachother.

Last edited:
Very wrong wheat. Iwaki has always been the top performer, and blueline is a new company formed by the former leader of iwaki. They are supposed to be great but I havn't seen many people that use them. Seems like a great pump choice.

Ps. and there a PLENTY pumps that beat the eheim and hydors.

Yeah I figure I'll try out the BlueLine and post my review later...How would I build a custom res?

Back