• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MCW6002-A or Maze 4?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[KX3]rAge

Hey MCW6002-A or Maze4 for CPU block on an Athlon 2500+ (non mobile) that is at 2.46 on air, so probably 2.6 on water...
which would be better?
mixed with the MCP600 pump and a car heatercore

JDizzle said:
If you look at their website it says that it will be availible June 10th.
Awesome, I can definately wait that long!
So if I were to just soak the end of the tubing in boiling water it could fit over the fittings on a heatercore? what type oft ubing do I need then? anything special or different then regular 1/2" ID tubing?

I wouldnt get the 1/2" ID block/system because it can be a pain in the butt to set up and do anything else for the minimal gain, and that gain will be hardly noticable.

Jon

JFettig said:
I wouldnt get the 1/2" ID block/system because it can be a pain in the butt to set up and do anything else for the minimal gain, and that gain will be hardly noticable.

Jon
What would you do then?

What would you do then?
I'd guess that he would use 3/8" ID tubing. If you've got a restrictive CPU block and two other blocks, the restriction of the tubing matter very little.

AngryAlpaca said:
I'd guess that he would use 3/8" ID tubing. If you've got a restrictive CPU block and two other blocks, the restriction of the tubing matter very little.
I'm only cooling the CPU and possible but doubtfully the gpu, no northbridge cooling
and for cpu block, i'll be getting the MCW6002-A waterblock for my cpu, and if anything the maze4 for my gpu
all components are measured at 1/2" so why not use 1/2" ID tubing rather then having to convert back and forth?

3/8" tubing is just much easier to use, the performace difference is almost not noticable. most of the time it isnt noticable at all.

The ease of use will make up for any performance differences you see many times over.

Jon

JFettig said:
3/8" tubing is just much easier to use, the performace difference is almost not noticable. most of the time it isnt noticable at all.

The ease of use will make up for any performance differences you see many times over.

Jon
but then that would mean I would have to repick all my components, correct?

well not really, use the mcw6000 and the maze4 with 3/8" fittings or just streach the 3/8" tubing over the barbs.

Jon

but there would be some performance decrease wouldn't there??
I want the best performance I can get without spending a whole ton of money, so every bit counts
wouldn't it be just as easy to get really flexible 1/2" ID tubing?

With a ~31" drop already, the 3-4" more that the 3/8" tubing offers over the 1/2" won't really change the flow much, nonetheless the temperature.

Well I'm gonna head into the local hardware store one of these days and see what they've got for tubing, then I'll decide from there if it doesn't make that much of a difference....

Hmmmm.........i wonder if using a 1/2 to 3/8 converter b4 the block would change the temps much pending you have good head pressure from your pump. For instance the MCP600.

JFettig said:

Jon

How is 3/8" tubing easier to use than 1/2" (serious question) ?

Turd Furguson said:
Smaller tubing is easier to route through your case.
I dont think that would be an issue as i have plenty of space in the inside of my case, all my wires are hiden so there is a lot of empty space to route the tubing
1/2" should be fine i'd say

Back