• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Replacement Watercooling System

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aNTiChRisT

Hey people, just starting a thread for some advice on watercooling. I already have a (weak) watercooling setup that didnt take much knowledge to do, so i need to ask some things and also your knowledge on different components.

I'm in the UK so you'll have to remember that when telling me to get a cascade ;) (Unless you find a UK stockist :D)

Ok, so far i think my components will be;

Block:D-Tek Customs LRWW Socket 478
Rad: Pro-120 Heatercore
Res: Generic UV 1x5.25" Bay Reservoir
Pump: Hydor L30

I will be using 1/2" ID Tubing from my local pumping supplier.

I have never set up a relay, how does this work (In detail-ish, i realise the pump needs to start when the PC is on ;))

Any problems with an IC7-Max3 and that waterblock?

Sorry if this has been answered, and i know you get loads of "best parts" threads but i need more confidence than just reading past posts :)

Cheers all,

~t0m

EDIT: Updated parts list.

Last edited:
Some stores carry pre-made (and $cheap) pump relays, i have addresses in France so there may be some in UK as well.
For your mobo fitment i have no idea.
As for your setup i'd suggest taking the D-Tek Pro Core or a car heatercore, the Pro-Core can be mated with a very well-made fan shroud (from D-Tek as well) and is globally a very good rad. Get a 120mm PAPST 4412 N/2GL, a "pretty quiet" fan to cool it.

Well i looked on the d-tek site, and i think i will buy it there. Unless they ship to the UK though, i will need a US relay :)

~t0m

just a normal $3 relay from any electronics store will work...i assume a normally open 12V would be what you need. just hook the power to like a fan header or something, and the power through to your pump.

Ah right, well thats alot more easy then :)

What about radiators/heatercores? I have read up on some but they seem abit bit -- i have 130x300x50 space, and it needs to be UK avaliable.

Thanks for replies so far,

~t0m

Im going to buy it from dtek usa, its about half the price of the UK equivalents.

~t0m

aNTiChRisT said:
Im going to buy it from dtek usa, its about half the price of the UK equivalents.

~t0m

note that if you are buying from the states, the pump will be a 115v/60hz model :(

either get a 12V pump from dtek @ $79 (which also means no need for a relay)
http://www.dtekcustoms.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=138

or get the pump this side of the pond...

don't forget to factor in VAT and possible customs duty - and shipping, you might find the saving is lower than you think...

Ah didn't think about that, but that 12v pump looks good :eek:

Also, i think there is a way that tax can be avoided, i will have to ask them about that.

~t0m

EDIT: BTW i just been playing deus ex again recently -- the second one just doesn't compare :)

Back