• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Updates on my WC setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Annoyingrob

I had some time to do a little more work on my water cooling system. I cut some holes in the side of the case, and mounted the fans for the radiator.

WC1.JPG

WC2.JPG

Currently I'm running my XP 2400+ at stock speeds, only because I wanted to get this system completed before overclocking it a lot. It will run 2.3ghz on the water cooling no problem. Any more, and I have to do some volt mods. I'm running a Hydor L30 pump, and an RBX block as you can see. The heatercore I ripped out of a car at the junkyard, but cannot remember what kind of car it was. It's running at 33C right now full load, it's a cool day. If it gets really hot here (Like 27C in my room) then it will rise to about 37C. All in all ,I'm pretty happy about the temps

that looks good! I'm hopoing to mount my heatercore the same way as you did your rad, if I've got enough room...
but that looks very nice!!

That might be a convenient way to mount your heatercore, but you will get less airflow through it because of those 3.5" bays that are in the way.

Also, it would probably be better to have your airflow setup going in through the heatercore, rather than out through it. I don't think the two 80mm fans in the rear of your case can equal the airflow created by the two 120mm fans on your heatercore and the 80mm fan in your power supply.

Your T-Line setup is more restrictive than it has to be because the water going through it is forced to make a ninety degree turn instead of just going straight through.

Ah there's always a critic :p

I agree with you on all three points there. The next step in this modification is to remove the drive cages, and duct the airflow to the front of the case. As for having the fans blowing in instead of out, I had it set up that way, but there's a lot of restriction, creating a lot of back pressure, which resulted in a lot more noise being generated from the fans. By having the fans sucking air out, it's a lot quieter, and temperatures are the same. As for a pressure difference, so far, the side of the case has not been put on. And yes, the tee isn't optimal. This was the first attempt at routing the tubing. When time permits, I will redo the tubing. I need to put the pump on the bottom of the case, and the tee could be higher up.

It's still a work in progress :)

Update: I volt modded my A7V266-C, and got the Vcore up to 1.98V. Currently the XP2400+ is running at 2418Mhz. Temps have risen to 40C load, which I am still quite happy with.

Back