• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Here's what I'm getting tonight(everything)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WhatTheSchmidt

from Crazy PC:
RBX A64 Waterblock (AMD 64bit Socket 754/940) $49.95
Swiftech MCP-600 12Volt DC Pump Version 2.0 $74.95
Blue Black Ice Extreme Radiator $55.95

from MC Master:
Nylon Single Snap-Grip Hose Clamp 11/16" To 13/16" $4.91 (20)
PVC Tubing Chemical, 1/2" ID, 3/4" OD, 1/8" Wall, Clear $6.50 (10ft)
Nylon Barbed Pipe Fitting 1/2" Pipe Size, Tee $ .90

from Danger Den:
MAZE4 GPU Block $39.95

TOTAL = $233.11 + ****ting I mean shipping

any comments? something I should change? Anything I'm missing? I'm getting that radiator because it is damn good for that space.

exactly...i know its a little less performance and more cost..but it works great for the size..and will fit great in my case

What does a shroud do on a radiator/heatercore????? Does it server the same purpose as an air duct on a CPU HS???? Does it enable more air flow??

the shroud removes the dead spot that's created when you just stick a fan flat on the heatercore/rad....with a shroud, you make sure that the entire hc/rad is havin the air sucked/blown through it, as opposed to just the area of the fan when it's stuck directly on that hc/rad....it allows for better cooling, similar to ducting a cpu i suppose

They sell pre modded chevette cores at both dtek and dangerden. I reccomend the dtek for professional quality. Here is something to consider though, a chevette core will not exactly fit where a 120mm fan fits, so if space is an issue, the black ice extreme 2(yuck!) will be your best bet for a rad.

BIX is more expensive and performs about the same if not worse than the JR-120s (Chevettes). However, BIX is slightly smaller so for people who can't fit a JR-120, BIX is the way to go. Also, BIX does look better in IMO. :D

Back