• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What tubing is soft

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vietp13

what kind of tubing is soft to work with i have clearflex60 and its pretty hard to work with around tight corners and such

vietp13 said:
what kind of tubing is soft to work with i have clearflex60 and its pretty hard to work with around tight corners and such

I hear Tygon is a little better but you should definately not be complaining about Clearflex being hard to work with! Go to the hardware store and get some vinyl tubing, then you'll know what's hard to work with.

Well the problem here is that you dont want really soft tubing because it will kink easily around tight bends. If you want you can try heating up your tubes in some warm water and bending them in the shape you desire, some peoiple have also built braces our of PVC for thier tubes that keep them bent properly.

VAdept said:
Well the problem here is that you dont want really soft tubing because it will kink easily around tight bends. If you want you can try heating up your tubes in some warm water and bending them in the shape you desire, some peoiple have also built braces our of PVC for thier tubes that keep them bent properly.

From what I've seen, softer tubing has a tighter bend radius, not the other way around.

Defenately Tygon R-1000 :attn:
attachment.php

ohhh purty tygon is soft like flops when you smack it ? cause if so i want someone the bends quite easy and soft to work with and what not

vietp13 said:
ohhh purty tygon is soft like flops when you smack it ? cause if so i want someone the bends quite easy and soft to work with and what not

Yes it is very soft. Regardless of what the reviews say, I think the clearflex has a pretty bad turning radius compared to the tygon.

cool as soon i scrape up some moo moo time to get tygon tubing..... as im currently in the process of buildling external w/c box hehe

vietp13 said:
cool as soon i scrape up some moo moo time to get tygon tubing..... as im currently in the process of buildling external w/c box hehe

Yeah I must say that in my experiences, external watercooling has been much more effective. This is probably because my computer is in a corner where there is very little air flow going to the case. I put long tubing on my radiator so I can have it sitting outside of this little corner which heats up alot. My graphics, chipset, ram, mofset sinks, southbridge sink alone make the corner heat up to 85 degrees f (ambient 74).

I got this tubing from mcmaster-carr, and it bends really well. I don't have anything else with which to compare, but it had the tightest bend radius on the site. It is the 1/2" ID, 13/16" OD food/beverage tubing. Perhaps not as chemical resistant as the tygon, but distilled water and maybe just a little antifreeze shouldn't be too bad.

oh, also

You could get coolsleeves from Swiftech. I've read on these forums about how well they prevent kinking on the cheapest tubing. Do a search and check it out. I was thinking about it, but the tubing I got was far cheaper ($0.75 per foot) than the ultra cheap tubing + coolsleeves.

Tygon Tygon Tygon Tygon....just to reiterate TYGON!! I've been using Tygon for years, in industrial applications where line crimps are unacceptable. Not only that but Tygon has a very good absortion resistance. I've used it on Icee machines as our Bag N Box feed lines going to our flojets. Not only does it make wonderful tight radius turns, but it is the only line that we use that takes years to absorb Red Cherry Syrup. And beleive me thats quite an accomplishment. Every time I come in contact with Red Cherry my hands get stained red. Tygon rocks, glad I have a nice bulk source for all my computer needs :D

vietp13 said:
lucky devil you with the your tygon source arg..

:D Don't forget my Compressor source....radiator source...x14...R12..404A freon source....fluid pump source... pretty much anything I can manage to get my grubby little hands on :attn: Rawr!

ive been using some pure silicone tubing and its the bomb! seems like ive read before its the best as far as kinking and softness. peeps just dont like it because its opaque. then again i never tried tygon. but i know a few peeps on here, myself included, that swear by it.

thanks for all your opinions i think i made up my mind now

Tabrin said:
That tygon tubing seems rather, um, translucent. Is all tygon like that, or is there clear tygon that looks like clearflex?

R-3603 which is commonly used in watercooling is crystal clear compared to my clearflex which has a blue tint.

Back